Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 168

Thread: SPTD.sys and other .sys problem

New User

I tried your workaround daq, as i have the same isue with the install.
    But at step 4, you restarted your pc after the second installation, this time you don't delete any files, with out deleting those files, i just can't reboot, cause my pc stops loading windows at the bootscreen of winXP!

I have the exact same problem as all of you guys.
    Strange thing is that the problem only occurs on my new pc. A few weeks ago I bought a new computer and while I have been using Daemon Tools without any problems on my old pc for quite some time, I instantly got this problem on my new one.
    Now, the big difference between the two computers is that my new one has got a RAID-controller. I have no idea wether this could be part of the problem but i found it remarkable that i never had any problems with my old pc while I certainly do with my new one. For all I know you guys already know that RAID-controllers are the problem, if so, ignore this post .

New User

Blinzeln Make sure you uninstall

Quote Originally Posted by Pizr
    I tried your workaround daq, as i have the same isue with the install.
    But at step 4, you restarted your pc after the second installation, this time you don't delete any files, with out deleting those files, i just can't reboot, cause my pc stops loading windows at the bootscreen of winXP!
    I didn't think it would work either, because it's basically just replacing those files with the same files, but it did. Just make sure you uninstall DT after you remove those files.

Same problem. SPTD installs normally, then reboot, then DT also installs, but after the second reboot - BSOD. And then only deleting of sptd.sys helps.
    Funny thing - Windows (XP, sp2) is just installed.
    List of installed programs:
    Outpost Firewall, NOD32 antivirus, TrafficCompressor, Opera 8.5, K-Lite codec pack, qip, RegOrganizer, TotalCommander.
    And drivers - Catalyst 5.13, SoundMaker Value 5.1, Thrustmaster ForceFeedback driver.
    That's all.

Do you have a minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that BSOD? Send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to your post in this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

I've sent you my minidump-log, please, check the mail

Default Computer wont start!

Hello, I have this problem with Windows not getting past the load screen. I cant start my computer and i dont know how to get it working so it will start up. It sounds like some of you have goten past the start problem, so can any of you offer any advice on how to get the computer at least started up? I have tried all of the modes of starting up. (safe, safe w/network, command prompt, last good, normally) Please help, I cant get my computer started at all.
    Thank you

Did you press ESC when prompted to abort loading of sptd.sys during boot into safe mode?
    If so, and it still hangs, boot with your Windows cd into recovery console, log on to your Windows installation (requires administrator password), change dir (cd) to Windows\System32\Drivers folder, rename sptd.sys, and reboot.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

New User

Default my problem is a little different

Windows and everything works fine. No problems there at all. The only thing that doesn't work, is DT. I have used DT for years now, and it suddenly stopped working when I reinstalled windows. I have all the same programs that I had before I reinstalled windows, but for some reason It won't work. It's the kernel debugger error thing. I have tried all the ways people tell me to fix it, but nothing works. I even tried reinstalling windows a second time, but that didn't work either... Any other new suggestions???

This is not a complete solution of the problem, but you can try to disable all virtual drives before turning off or rebooting computer. It helps me to avoid minidump.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast