Avi to dvd question ? a bit off topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avi to dvd question ? a bit off topic

I Have a 8 part avi which i want to burn to dvd (xvid ac3)

What i need help with is, can someone recommend a good converter that will do this with the minnimum of hassle.

Usually i use tmpgenc but it will be a real chore to encode them 1 by one then seperate the ac3 and encode seperately.

Is the a piece of software where i can maybe encode 4 of the 8 (which are 100mb a piece) straight to an iso or vob format ?

Thanks in advance,
    Laz

This is beyond the scope of the Burning Software forum so I put it here. Maybe you should head over to Doom9's and search there, it's a really great video backup page, and they have great forums too... They'd probably know better how to help you
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Thanks Soerfer

I've got a few programs to try that were recommended by one of the mods on doom9. Afterdawn.com was pretty helpful as well.

Comment

VSO is offering a avi to dvd product, you can find it on their web site

otherwise you can try Winavi which is faster but doesn't include the same feature to create a dvd menu for example

Comment

Nothing wrong with mentioning good programs to use this but this is really the wrong website/forum. I mean we discuss a lot of off-topic things here but encoding video or audio files almost never gets mentioned.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I suggest you stick with a tool like TMPEGEnc or Mainconcept's MPEG Encoder which are actually real encoders. Those one-click avi2dvd tools suck ass in terms of quality..

just my two cents...

Comment

Yea Novecento, I swear by TMPEGEnc (old freeware not the new pegasys-inc version) but its not easy to use and new users may think it's not suitable for their purpose when it really is just hard to use at first.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Mainconcept MPEG Encoder is really easy to use. You only have to choose the input file and the output format. There are already output profiles for VCD, SVCD and DVD for example.
                Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I commend WinAVI video converter.It can convert avi to dvd,you can visit this to know details:
                  WinAVI Video Converter is the fastest video converter on the earth that can convert wmv/dvd/avi to rm, avi to dvd/vcd/mpeg, wmv/vob/mpeg to avi and avi/vob/mpeg to wmv in a fastest speed.

Comment

vso's ConvertX to DVD is a great little piece of software.
                    Its able to transcode multiple files of any type to one dvd.
                    It can do Aspect ratio conversion, and framerate conversion using matrices.
                    I have used it since the days it was free, and once it went commercial, I bought it, as it is a very fine piece of kit. (And only around $35USD)
                    It even makes menus now, and supports chapters etc....
                    AND i can encode say a 90 minute xvid movie to a compliant dvd in around 45 minutes on my amd 4200x2, and around 60 minutes on my P4 3GHz.
                    Last edited by AmphetaMarinE; 11.04.2006, 15:26.
                    SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

Originally Posted by lazlo
                      I Have a 8 part avi which i want to burn to dvd (xvid ac3)

What i need help with is, can someone recommend a good converter that will do this with the minnimum of hassle.

Usually i use tmpgenc but it will be a real chore to encode them 1 by one then seperate the ac3 and encode seperately.

Is the a piece of software where i can maybe encode 4 of the 8 (which are 100mb a piece) straight to an iso or vob format ?

Thanks in advance,
                      Laz
                      check afterdawn.com that's the place to be for this kind of stuff. But ahhh, it's sacraligious to convert mpeg4 to DVD.

Comment

Originally Posted by AmphetaMarinE
                        [URL="http://www.vso-software.fr/"]
                        It even makes menus now, and supports chapters etc....
                        AND i can encode say a 90 minute xvid movie to a compliant dvd in around 45 minutes on my amd 4200x2, and around 60 minutes on my P4 3GHz.
                        but the problem is this software dosent shrink video files
                        Try Ashampoo shrink and burn2
                        Visit my website

Comment

Converting

I need a good converter.

I am trying to convert things like DVDs/Cue,Bin's/Mpeg's into Mp4 formats for my ipod.

Right now I have the 'imTOO' package. Personally, I hate it. I mean, the quality of the movie doesn't change much but the audio is really far off once you get 30min into the movie.

I have also tried 'Videora iPod Converter' but that gives me the same problem. Not as much but it's still pretty far off.

If you know of any Good converters can you post the link here or tell me what the name of the program is? (I don't care if you have to pay)

Comment

Originally Posted by mysterio619
                            but the problem is this software dosent shrink video files
                            Try Ashampoo shrink and burn2
                            Oooohhh a new toy to try out.... !!!!
                            /me is off to look for a demo....

Thanks mysterio619
                            SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

Nero 7 Premium.
                              My system
                              Boycott Starforce!
                              Wiederstand ist zwecklos! Ihr Assis werdet miliert!

Comment

Working...
                              X