luluDaemon v0.024 installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luluDaemon v0.024 installer

I seen that many had been missing the ability to right-click and mount easily. Well I threw together an installer after about 15 minutes here is what you get. I caught almost every problem I could find. I should have given people a way to define where Daemon Tools is installed but I left that out. I included the installation script for anyone who wants to improve it. This should make life easier for everyone.

Installer: http://www.fang64.com/luluDaemon.exe
    Installation Script: http://www.fang64.com/luluDaemon.nsi

Anyhow Thanks PePes Pimmel!

luluDaemon works nice. Thanks. Now for a few suggestions.

1. Only show the number of devices you actually have defined in DT for the Mount command. You show all four even though I only have one.

2. A120% allows me to do an 'unmount' from the virtual DVD as well as the image. lD only allows it from the image. It is often easier to do the unmount from the virtual drive as it is easier to see and find in an Explorer window. I sometimes forget where the image is located after using the virtual drive for a while.

Last edited by streetwolf; 02.02.2006, 01:24.

Comment

Appreciate the reply

I thought my work was in vain, anyhow ya it works well.

Comment

luluDaemon is a nice program, but i prefer mounting my images by left-clicking on the DT tray-icon.
        Nice Work
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

@ streetwolf:

i dont know how to get the desired information. i didnt find any registry entries or ini files where the current drives emulated by daemon tools are listed.
          i think a good way would be to query the daemon.dll but the authors of daemon tools dont let me know the functions its exporting.
          ill try to find another way to get the needed information, if you found a place where the emulated drives are listed let me know.

@ Firelode:

great work, thanks for writing the installer. can i put it on my luluDaemon site? of course you will be mentioned as the author of the installer..

Comment

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

Please tell me how to disable all the mount unmount confirmations??

Comment

It appears you can find the number of DT virtual drives by inspecting the SCSI key that DT uses. It is located here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi

On my system the DT virtual drives are defined within the 'Scsi Port 5' key. You can tell it is a DT virtual drive because the name of the DT driver (dtscsi) is within the 'Scsi Port x' key. Of course it won't be '5' on all machines.

Underneath this key you will find a 'Target Id x' key for each virtual drive, from x=0 to x=3. This is how you can tell how many DT virtual drives you have specified.

This is what I found. This info does not come from anyone at DT.

Comment

Originally Posted by coogrrr25
                To disable confirmations just uncheck "Secure mode" in daemon tools "options" menu.

A part of this, big thanx to you Firelode, i was already using the previous released luluDaemon app and it is of a great help for quickly mount any image files with right-click. I'll try this one now !
                Last edited by rip_pit; 14.02.2006, 17:06.
                DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

Originally Posted by streetwolf
                  On my system the DT virtual drives are defined within the 'Scsi Port 5' key. You can tell it is a DT virtual drive because the name of the DT driver (dtscsi) is within the 'Scsi Port x' key. Of course it won't be '5' on all machines.
                  well on my machine the value of the 'driver' field within the 'scsi port x' key has a value of 'd347prt', is it possible that the driver name is different on every computer?

Comment

d347prt suggests you have DAEMON Tools 3.47 and not 4.03 as I have. The name was probably changed in version 4.

I never used any other version besides 4 but I recall reading that version 3 allows the user to rename the drivers like Alcohol does (?). Version 4 at the moment doesn't but I also recall reading that it might in a future version.

The point being that there might not be a generic driver name to key on in the Registry. The install routine of any 3rd party program that needs to find the driver name might require the user to specify the name he chose for his drivers if at all.

Again... solely *my* thoughts on the subject.

Comment

I honestly don't mind if you post sure just give credit to the original author.

Comment

Originally Posted by coogrrr25
                        AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

I'd like to know if this is possible (very nice app, btw).

Comment

Originally Posted by Elrahc
                          I'd like to know if this is possible (very nice app, btw).
                          Elrahc, for an answer see post #8 by rip_pit above.
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

how can i make this the default action so that i can double left click on an image and it will mount (i only have 1 v drive)

this would be great for my dvd backup images that my wife cant figure out how to play on our hdtv

Comment

I would like to note, I am the one whom wrote this my brother felt the need to repost it. Anyway, if you need any help with this you need to redirect your messages to:

The Original is:

Good luck, I will create installers for any more releases he makes or if he releases the sources I will update it myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X