[TIP]Right click menu on image files!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BTEWin

Nevermind, I should not have recommended it. I misread the description from this webpage
    - FileTool: New options to allow custom meenus for drives have been added. As an example, a script that adds 'Load' and 'Eject' functions for all CD/DVD drives and several options to mount and unmount images with Daemon Tools virtual drives has been included. Its name is 'DriveMenu.bte'.
    I just tested it and it turns out the menus it adds to CD drives apply to all drives not just virtual drives. And it could only Load and Eject the tray- there weren't any DAEMON Tools specific options when you right clicked a drive in the My Computer window.

btw. The DriveMenu.bte file is installed in the Program Files\Vdesk 2 & BTEWin\FileTool folder. You probably need to check the FileTool checkbox when installing to get that script file.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

It seems that there's a bit of confussion here about the FileTool shell extension. First of all, you don't need to touch anything; it works right after installing (if the "Install FileTool ..." option is selected in the installer, which is by default).

The shell extension is a general purpose one, which can be extended by scripts that act as plugins, and that can be edited by the user. What I mean in the documentation is that the files DriveMenu.bte (for drives) and DTFTMenu.bte (for files) are the scripts that add support for Daemon Tools, but that scripts are loaded automatically by the shell extension (The general behavior can be changed by editing the FileTool.ini file) and are not to be touched unless someone wants to tune them to their own liking.

In second place, the shell extension adds "Load" and "Eject" options to all the CD/DVD Drives, and adds mounting capabilities only for Daemon Tools ones, as well as the usual options for supported image files.

All windows versions are supported, from Windows 98 to windows XP64 (a 64 bit version of the shell extension is included).

If DT4 is used, secure mode must be disabled because my executables are not signed (I don't like that and I still lack updated info, althought I've asked for it). I try to detect Daemon Tools 4 automatically, but it may not be detected; if it is not, then you should start the Vdesk application and choose the control library manually in the options menu (daemon.dll).

If after checking the above, it still doesn't work, please e-mail me with details.

Comment

I think this would be a great suggestion for part of the DT program.

Add context menus for associated file types (image files) so they can be right-clicked and then mounted. A bit like looking in a folder full of CD's, selecting one, and then inserting it.

I don't know if you can have cascading context menus (like Mount > Drive E:, rather than just Mount) - that would be cool.

- Sly

P.S. Meanwhile, I will probably try one of the methods here to associate the file types with the program. (Especially my desire to be able to directly/easily mount .bin images.)

Comment

hmm...I always edit a .reg file to achieve the goal.
          like this:
          [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.vcd\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.vcd\shell\Insert to MAEMON Driver]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.vcd\shell\Insert to MAEMON Driver\command]
          @="\"C:\\Program Files\\D-Tools\\daemon.exe\" -mount 0,\"%1\""

Comment

Or you can use awxDTools from the 3rd party downloads section.

Comment

"(path)" (command) (driver number),(filename+path="%1")
              i dont get that bit.
              is there just something i can install to do this autmatically : /

Comment

i've made 2 registry files that will add/remove shell extensions for mounting all of Daemon-Tools lite supported image files:

(.b5t, .b6t, .bwt, .ccd, .cdi, .cue, .bin, .iso, .mds, .mdf, .nrg, .pdi, .isz)

tested on vista with DT lite 4.30.4.0027
                check out the readme.txt for more info.

download here:
                Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Comment

ok, tried 2 different .reg scripts now, i dont get any right click menu

I want a rightclick mount with and a rightclick unmount all.

it does however mount a image if I double click it.

im on windows 7 64
                  DTlite installed.

DT pro has these commands, why not lite?
                  and i did edit the .reg files to have the correct paths and filenames

Comment

Working...
                  X