[TIP]Right click menu on image files!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TIP]Right click menu on image files!

You want to know how you can mount image files directly from explorer?

Here it comes:

First we want to know what type of image file we want to mount (example: .cue)

Now we delete all entries to this filetype go to Tools>Folder Options>File Types and delete your filetype from the list.

Open register (run>regedit) and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE and right click Classes and select New Key from menu.
    This key must be named after the file-extension of the image file you want to mount: example '.cue'.
    Now you create another key within the key you just created and you call it 'shell'.
    Now you create another key inside shell and name it 'Mount with Daemon Tools' (this is what you will see when you right click your file).
    Inside this key you create another key named 'command'.
    Now click on command and double click the default key in the right window.
    Now you must insert some execution commands: EXAMPLE:
    "C:\Program Files\Daemon Tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0,"%1"
    "(path)" (command) (driver number),(filename+path="%1")

That's it! Now you can mount images with one click!

Help on commands? http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/daem...ndlineswitches

Someone already made an Explorer plugin for this. Check this out:

Comment

I tried that plugin but first of all it has to be installed, and second when you deinstall the menu's give lots of errors.

This is just a simple solution aimed at people wandering how to make such a menu item not only for this program but on every single file extension.

There is also another way of achieving this same functionality without having to manually editting the registry altough I don't see why you wouldn't want to do that but maybe there are users restricted from accessing the registry.

Open My Computer, click on the Tools menu and select Folder Options. Click on the File Types tab and scroll down the list untill you find the extension you want. If it is not there click on New and type in the three letter extension. Click on Advanced and click on New... Type the name of the menu item in the Action field and the command to perform in the "Application to perform action:". For instance: "C:\Program Files\Daemon Tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0,"%1".

This will not result in the same menu item because it will not be selected as the default option and thus will not be displayed in bold text. If you take the registry tour your text will be bolded and also be the default option (if it is the only option).

Comment

There's a TRUE shell extension that is compatible with V4 and earlier versions, I think that I have posted it before, but just check my homepage for the download (it is part of the package). Note that you need to disable secure mode to make it work.

Comment

Awesome addon love it love it love it just...

Just add one more thing for me please! an option to turn off the confirmations for mounting and unmounting. Maybe this is in there and I am too much the tard to find it.

Let me know!

Coog

Comment

Originally Posted by coogrrr25
            Just add one more thing for me please! an option to turn off the confirmations for mounting and unmounting. Maybe this is in there and I am too much the tard to find it.

Let me know!

Coog
            Can you tell me what you are trying to mount and why you get conformation screen? Never seen does before. I can't find that option in the command line switches either.

Comment

Disable the Secure Mode by right-clicking (options) on the DT-Tray.
              Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Thanks, it's nice to be able to add shell integration without having to install a frontend app. Question, though - if I want to add a mount/unmount function to a specific drive letter under My Computer, is there a corresponding registry entry for that?

Comment

Originally Posted by venoman
                  Thanks, it's nice to be able to add shell integration without having to install a frontend app. Question, though - if I want to add a mount/unmount function to a specific drive letter under My Computer, is there a corresponding registry entry for that?
                  I think that's a lot harder to do. DAEMON Tools' command line mode has no way of specifying drive letters (only virtual drive numbers starting at zero). And setting a different icon for virtual drives, I think that would also be tough.
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The actual command would still just be a daemon.exe -unmount 0 type thing, and I'm not really sure what you'r referring to when you talk about setting icons to virtual drives. What I was wondering is where I would go in registry settings to add a right-click shell command of any kind to a specific drive letter. The location for specific file extensions is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Classes/.cue (for example), but I don't know where I"d look to add a shell command to a specific drive letter. Maybe it's the same as add ing a shell right-click entry for a folder, since the only shell entry I've seen specific to a cd rom drive letter is the Eject command.

Anyway, hopefully this makes a little more sense and someone can enlighten me

Comment

Clone CD sheep icons

Originally Posted by venoman
                      I'm not really sure what you'r referring to when you talk about setting icons to virtual drives
                      Clone CD adds sheep icons to all of its virtual drives. This lets you distinguish them from real CD/DVD drives in the My Computer window.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

ah. I had installed a custom windows iconset before ever installing daemon tools, which must have overwritten the "sheep" icon thing It just displays the (my) standard dvd rom icon on my virtual drives.

Comment

Re: Clone CD sheep icons

DAEMON Tools does not add icons, I was talking about a program called Clone CD (a burning program that also provides virtual drives).
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

BTEWin

For adding right clicking functionality for the virtual drives in the My Computer window you can try using 'DriveMenu.bte' in BTEWin v3.07.
                            the modern world:
                            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

hmm... DriveMenu.bte didn't come with the default examples included in the 3.07 install; have you seen that file anywhere on its own? I googled with no success.

Comment

Working...
                              X