Frozen Throne Help Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Throne Help Please!!!

Hey guys. I had to reformat my old computer like a week ago. I was using a later version of Daemon Tools to play Frozen Throne. When I reinstalled my new computer, I got the new version of Daemon Tools. I mounted Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction and Frozen Throne. Diablo 2 worked perfectly, no worries. When i tryed to use Frozen Throne, it would keep asking me for the cd. It never lets me play. I also found out some information if this can help anyone solve my problem. The Daemon Tools Version I am using is DAEMON Tools 4.0.3 X86. I dont remember the Daemon Tools I was using before I reformatted my computer. Also
    this is some more information about the Games (CDs are the image files that I used to mount on Daemon Tools):

Diablo 2 CD:
    [00:23:49 AM] SecuROM detected -> K:\EXPANSION [133EEBA0]

Diablo 2 Installation Files:
    [00:24:40 AM] SecuROM 5.03.13.0190 detected -> I:\Program Files\Diablo II\Game.exe

Frozen Throne CD:
    [00:25:09 AM] No Protection detected -> J:\TheFrozenThrone [96302F58]

Frozen Throne Installation Files:
    [00:25:51 AM] SecuROM 4.84.76.7966 detected -> I:\Program Files\Warcraft III\War3.exe
    [00:25:52 AM] SecuROM 4.84.76.7968 detected -> I:\Program Files\Warcraft III\WorldEdit.exe

What should I do to fix this problem?
    Also, in the mounting, Frozen Throne is first, then Diablo 2. I have Safedisc and Securom loaded, with all the Options.

Any help will be gladly appreciated. Thanks!

mds/mdf to bin/cue convertion?

Is there any way to convert a bin/cue image file to a mds/mdf image file? I saw on one post that bin/cue image files will not work properly with daemon tools. Thanks

Comment

Just download the TRIAL of Alcohol 120% and redo image creation
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Or use UltraISO, it can convert an image to many other image formats.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Which very probably will not do you any good as cue/bin do not store enough information for modern copy protections to work. That kind of information is lost in cue/bin, so it will not be recreated if you convert. You will need to create a new image from your original CD or DVD if your cue/bin images do not work.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

What if i got a .iso image file of frozen throne. Would that help me at all??

Comment

Create an image of your original disk (not the frozen throne) and use that instead.
              I've seen a lot of people having trouble when using a Frozen Throne image due to newer copy protection.

The original disk image will let you play both The Frozen Throne and the regular Warcraft 3.

Comment

Actually, ISO stores less information than cue/bin. What is the problem with creating a completely new image?

Comment

Originally Posted by PQED
                  The original disk image will let you play both The Frozen Throne and the regular Warcraft 3.
                  it wont let me play both. I tried to do that, making an image of the originial warcraft 3, it would only let me play the regular. Some one please help me!!!

Comment

i did....

I did try making a new mds/mdf image from alcohol 120% using the ORIGINAL frozen throne cd that i had borrowed from my friend. then i still mounted it on daemon tools, and it would still show me the damned error. What can I do? i also tried to mount the image on Alcohol 120% and it wouldnt work. Then I tried to make a direct copy of the original frozen throne cd with both alcohol 120% and Nero, and it wouldnt work. I really dont know what to do. All i know iz that my other computer booted frozen throne image perfectly, but it was with an older version of daemon tools. Would that be the problem by anychance?

Comment

the "trick" with the normal WC3 Image works! But you can create a image of tft too, cause its not a very good ks! you can burn a image with Alcohol with the SecuRom 4/5 profile with slow DPM and mount with DT and it works, you can also play with the image! if the Game doesnt work with the image/backup you should load an MDS from copybase of something else and use this mds instead your`s. Then it must work!

Comment

As your question was ultimately WC3-TFT related, I merged the two threads you created.

Comment

New to This

I was just browsing this forum and i was wondering if i can play Warcraft 3(Frozen Throne) without using a CD once i already have it installed. IF this is possible, how hard would it be and what materials do i need? (downloads and CDs).

Thanks for any help and for bearing with me.:wink:

Comment

Rather than just check for the existance of an original cd, WarCraft only checks the drive it was installed from.
                            Either edit the registry to point to daemon drive, remake the images from your original cd in mds/mdf format and mount them to play.
                            Or, uninstall warcraft, make the images from your original cd in mds/mdf format, mount them in daemon and install them. That way, the registry path automatically points to daemon.

Comment

Working...
                            X