Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 80

Thread: CureROM Pro 1.3 (Released)

BTW. Normal hooks don't work with JoWooD X-Prot.

I had a similar problem. When I clicked disable in lite mode I bluescreened.
    edit: cool apparently this is a known and soon to be fixed issue.
    Last edited by DarthTyranus : 17.02.2006 at 17:01

Experienced User

Yes i know about the problem with the "lite" version, it has been fixed and tested.

i'm just wait for confirmation from another person to verify that it works 100%, then i'll update the links for the newer version.
    Mail:
    curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Just tried CureROM 1.3.0B I got over at CD Media World. Tried it out on SW-EAW.

It did play the game just fine. However when I got out of the game my system was frozen solid. I rebooted and then got hung up at the XP boot screen due to SPTD.SYS.

I took a Ghost image of my system partition right before I installed the game (I must be a Psychic) so I just restored the whole partition.

I've gotten the hang in SPTD many times since installing DT4. It usually happens if I get some kind of error when an image is mounted. Doesn't even have to be the game itself. I know all the things to do to get things going again but sometimes they just don't work. Restoring an image always works.

While I applaud a program like CureROM it obviously needs some more work. Also I wish I knew what it was doing to my system. Especially after my system froze. Even if I could reboot I had no idea what state my system was in. I would have restored anyways.

btw... I tried the usual Registry tricks to bypass blacklisting myself but never was able to run the game. This is why I tried CureROM. So for now I think I'll wait for the 'modified' exe.

Just wanted to make things clear. I did not use CureROM to mount the image. I mounted it myself and then ran the CureROM profile I made to handle the blaclisting. Maybe if I let CureROM mount the image and eventually unmount it I wouldn't have had a problem with it.
    Last edited by streetwolf : 17.02.2006 at 17:27

Why don't you use Securom Loader ?

Quote Originally Posted by R!Co
    Why don't you use Securom Loader ?
    Are you referring to Securom 7 Burner Loader or something else?

I downloaded the burner loader and read the readme. I am not getting a message to insert the disk in another drive so I don't think this will help.

Securom Loader v1.0 check dl section

Thanks R!Co. Securom loader works great.

Do you know if there is any way to run it with the game exe so I can automate the process? Running it prompts me for the game exe. I want to make a Daemonscipt script to mount the image and run the game without any intervention.

No I don't think so, maybe author will add something in future version...who knows

Experienced User

Default wait and see

We will have to hope
    Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast