• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CureROM Pro 1.3 (Released)

What's New:
    ==========

Version 1.3.0 (Pro):

CureROM has been completly redesigned from the ground up, with an improved/smoother user interface.

*NOTE: Because of new enhancements, all CureROM 1.1.x and 1.2.x profiles should be updated, this is not a
    requirement just a recommendation (Profiles are backward compatable).

CureROM Pro boasts some of the most advanced Anti-Blacklist measures, to combat detection of
    Virtual(SCSI) CD/DVD-ROM's By SecuROM and SafeDisc (NO more Registry key tricks).

Advanced Anti-Blacklist measures hides "Alcohol 120% (Tested v1.9.5.3105)" and "DAEMON-Tools V3.47" from
    detection (Applications where tested using "FULL" & "MAXI" images, tests did not work using "MINI" images"),
    also stops Blacklisting of some Third-Party Software.

New Feature(s):

+CureROM Lite:
    - CureROM Lite is a new feature in CureROM which allows you to simply run CureROM with its Anti-Blacklist
    measures without having to create a profile.
    - Simply run CureROM.exe with the parameters "-lite" to activate "CureROM Lite", click "Enable" to start
    Anti-Blacklist measures.
    - Alternately run CureROM.exe with the parameters "-lite -autoenable" to start "CureROM Lite" with
    Anti-Blacklist measures automatically enabled.

+CureROM Profile Shell Integration(Optional):
    - Simply Double(Single) click a CureROM Profile(*.crp) to launch it.
    - Right click on a CureROM Profile(*.crp), select "Edit CureROM Profile" to edit the profile.

+CureROM Commandline Switches:
    *Info: Switches do not have to be in any particular order, CureROM will automatically configure the switches.

- "-launch [Filename]", launches/runs a CureROM Profile (eg: '...\CureROM.exe -launch "C:\MyCureROMProfile.crp"').

- "-edit [Filename]", edit a CureROM Profile (eg: '...\CureROM.exe -edit "C:\MyCureROMProfile.crp"').

- "-regfiletypes", Associate CureROM Profiles(*.crp) to open with CureROM.

- "-remfiletypes", Removes CureROM Profile(*.crp) file associations.

- "-lite", runs CureROM in "Lite" mode.

- "-autoenable", ONLY used with the switch "-lite", runs "CureROM Lite" with Anti-Blacklist measures enabled.
    (eg: '...\CureROM.exe -lite -autoenable').

- "-runapp [Filename]", ONLY used with the switches "-autoenable", runs your application after applying
    Anti-Blacklist measures (eg: '...\CureROM.exe -lite -autoenable -runapp "C:\MyApplication.exe"').

- "-hide", ONLY used with the switch "-runapp", hides the "CureROM Lite" dialog while running your application
    (eg: '...\CureROM.exe -lite -autoenable -runapp -hide "C:\MyApplication.exe"').

- "-exit", exits/closes CureROM after running a switch (eg: '...\CureROM.exe -regfiletypes -exit'
    -OR-
    '...\CureROM.exe -lite -autoenable -runapp -exit "C:\MyApplication.exe"'
    -OR-
    '...\CureROM.exe -lite -autoenable -runapp -hide -exit "C:\MyApplication.exe"').

Additional Features:

+Welcome Page:
    - Added Browse functionality to "Open Existing CureROM Profile".

+Application Page:
    - Replaced "Hide SCSI CD-ROM Devices" with "CureROM Anti-Blacklist Measures"
    - Removed "Smart SCSI Hider", this function is no longer required.

+Virtual Drive Page:
    - Virtual Drive Device Selection.
    - Suspend CD/DVD-ROM Autorun.
    - DAEMON-Tools Emulation Options.

+Shortcut Settings:
    - You don't have to create/re-create shortcut(s) when creating/editing a profile.

+Save Profile (*New):
    - Option to save a profile at a user defined location.

+Settings:
    *Info: "VCD" refers to "Virtual CD/DVD-ROM".
    *Info: You will need to re-configure the standard VCD's (DAEMON-Tools/Alcohol) with the new version of CureROM.

-Improved features for third-party VCD's, you can now use CureROM with "DAEMON-Tools", "Alcohol 120%",
    "Alcohol 52%" and a custom VCD application of your choice (As long as it supports command line parameters).
    +Notes:
    +Using a custom VCD application:
    +Mount Arguments:
    -These are the arguments that will be passed to the "CUSTOM" VCD application to "mount" an image on a
    virtual drive, if using a standard VCD application(eg: DAEMON-Tools/Alcohol) the arguments will be used
    in conjunction with CureROM's arguments to "mount" the backup image.
    +UnMount Arguments:
    -These are the arguments that will be passed to the "CUSTOM" VCD application to "un-mount" a virtual drive,
    UnMount Arguments are not supported for standard VCD applications.
    +Variables:
    - %IMAGEFILE% = This is the CureROM variable for the path to the image file (it is not recommended to use this
    variable when using a standard VCD Application).

View the readme.txt for some examples on using "Custom VCD's"

Download Locations (CureROM 1.3.1):
    RapidShare
    MegaUpload
    GameCopyWorld
    GameGuru Mania
    Last edited by sYk0; 18.02.2006, 12:40.
    Mail:
    curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

CureROM 1.3.0b

Removed/Fixed:

CureROM prompted a message when mounting an image in DAEMON-Tools (Whoops, My bad).

Please Download CureROM Pro 1.3.0b from one of the locations mentioned above.
    Mail:

Comment

hey syk0, thanks for the release. but i think theres a serious problem somewhere in the proggie. this is what happened:

i download and installed curerom. i then updated the profiles as suggested. i then ran the lite version of curerom, but when i clicked "exit", i get error message: "protection error: 103" and all hell broke loose!!!!

first, DEP says that it has closed svchost.exe to protect my laptop, then i get error messages for almost all programs running:

terminal services, lavasoft firewall, wireless adapter service, usb modem software, nokia software,svchost.exe, firefox, laptop touchpad software, powerdvd service, ctfmon.exe, unmonit.exe, taskswitch.exe (powertoys). finally, i get a message that the "dcom server process" has shutdown unexpectadly, and that NT Authority is shutting the pc down.

at this point, my touchpad has become unresponsive, (it worked before the nt authority message) and taskmanager doesnt open. finally, i get a bsod, which is caused by "klif.sys"(part of kapersky AV). once i reboot and log in, i get the same DEP message. this time i manage to reboot using taskmanager.

after this reboot, everything is good again, i try the lite version again. same problem, same bsod. (i think the bsod happens because kapersky tries to get shutdown).

i reboot, no DEP message, so i check if the enable/disable button causes crashes. no crashes, these buttons work fine, and this time i force curerom to close using taskmanager. i open the normal curerom version and it works fine. i test my games, and they work fine as well.

here are the minidumps: http://rapidshare.de/files/13414772/Minidump.zip.html. i dunno if they'll be much help.

hope this helps iron out the bugs

just a small suggestion as well: use the old curerom text at the welcome screen, the multicoloured one doesn't look as good as the old one

system specs:

AMD 64 Mobile Athlon 3700+
      512 ram
      win xp home sp2
      ati mobility x700

IMPORTANT:
      just had a look at the minidump in windbg. the reason for the bsod is:

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
      A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
      terminated.
      Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
      system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
      longer function.
      Last edited by al1uk; 16.02.2006, 19:39.

Comment

I would say that sYk0's hooks + Kapersky fucked up something :>

Comment

mmm... will look into it A.S.A.P...

Could you please post what version of Kapersky you are using...

i'm busy downloading a trial of "Kaspersky Personal Security Suite" will see whats going on...
          Last edited by sYk0; 16.02.2006, 21:29.
          Mail:

Comment

Originally Posted by R!Co
            I would say that sYk0's hooks + Kapersky fucked up something :>
            I think so. Some incompatibility somewhere.
            I didn't experienced any trouble, nor with lite nor pro version.
            Can't help !
            DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

the minidump gives reference to "csrss.exe". that might be what gets closed

Comment

Same here !

Hi !

I have exactly the same problemes here.
                But i dont use Kaspersky. I use ZoneAlarm Security Suite.
                I dont think it have something todo with the Antivirus programms.

Cu
                nabel0

Originally Posted by al1uk
                hey syk0, thanks for the release. but i think theres a serious problem somewhere in the proggie. this is what happened:

i download and installed curerom. i then updated the profiles as suggested. i then ran the lite version of curerom, but when i clicked "exit", i get error message: "protection error: 103" and all hell broke loose!!!!

first, DEP says that it has closed svchost.exe to protect my laptop, then i get error messages for almost all programs running:

terminal services, lavasoft firewall, wireless adapter service, usb modem software, nokia software,svchost.exe, firefox, laptop touchpad software, powerdvd service, ctfmon.exe, unmonit.exe, taskswitch.exe (powertoys). finally, i get a message that the "dcom server process" has shutdown unexpectadly, and that NT Authority is shutting the pc down.

at this point, my touchpad has become unresponsive, (it worked before the nt authority message) and taskmanager doesnt open. finally, i get a bsod, which is caused by "klif.sys"(part of kapersky AV). once i reboot and log in, i get the same DEP message. this time i manage to reboot using taskmanager.

after this reboot, everything is good again, i try the lite version again. same problem, same bsod. (i think the bsod happens because kapersky tries to get shutdown).

i reboot, no DEP message, so i check if the enable/disable button causes crashes. no crashes, these buttons work fine, and this time i force curerom to close using taskmanager. i open the normal curerom version and it works fine. i test my games, and they work fine as well.

here are the minidumps: http://rapidshare.de/files/13414772/Minidump.zip.html. i dunno if they'll be much help.

hope this helps iron out the bugs

just a small suggestion as well: use the old curerom text at the welcome screen, the multicoloured one doesn't look as good as the old one

system specs:

AMD 64 Mobile Athlon 3700+
                512 ram
                win xp home sp2
                ati mobility x700

IMPORTANT:
                just had a look at the minidump in windbg. the reason for the bsod is:

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
                A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
                terminated.
                Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
                system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
                longer function.

Comment

im guessing the hooks (madchook.dll) arent particularly thread safe, or process safe and hooking/patching crss.exe is a particularly bad idea, the av programs might detect that something is hooking the system and thus force a shutdown
                  my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

I'm currenly updating CureROM... please be patient...
                    Mail:

Comment

BTW. Normal hooks don't work with JoWooD X-Prot.

Comment

I had a similar problem. When I clicked disable in lite mode I bluescreened.
                        edit: cool apparently this is a known and soon to be fixed issue.
                        Last edited by DarthTyranus; 17.02.2006, 18:01.

Comment

Yes i know about the problem with the "lite" version, it has been fixed and tested.

i'm just wait for confirmation from another person to verify that it works 100%, then i'll update the links for the newer version.
                          Mail:

Comment

Just tried CureROM 1.3.0B I got over at CD Media World. Tried it out on SW-EAW.

It did play the game just fine. However when I got out of the game my system was frozen solid. I rebooted and then got hung up at the XP boot screen due to SPTD.SYS.

I took a Ghost image of my system partition right before I installed the game (I must be a Psychic) so I just restored the whole partition.

I've gotten the hang in SPTD many times since installing DT4. It usually happens if I get some kind of error when an image is mounted. Doesn't even have to be the game itself. I know all the things to do to get things going again but sometimes they just don't work. Restoring an image always works.

While I applaud a program like CureROM it obviously needs some more work. Also I wish I knew what it was doing to my system. Especially after my system froze. Even if I could reboot I had no idea what state my system was in. I would have restored anyways.

btw... I tried the usual Registry tricks to bypass blacklisting myself but never was able to run the game. This is why I tried CureROM. So for now I think I'll wait for the 'modified' exe.

Just wanted to make things clear. I did not use CureROM to mount the image. I mounted it myself and then ran the CureROM profile I made to handle the blaclisting. Maybe if I let CureROM mount the image and eventually unmount it I wouldn't have had a problem with it.
                            Last edited by streetwolf; 17.02.2006, 18:27.

Comment

Why don't you use Securom Loader ?

Comment

Working...
                              X