This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system hangs after installing sptd.sys

I figured out why my system always hangs when trying to load sptd.sys.

my config:
    nVidia nForce 4 Chipset (driver ver. 6.69)
    S-ATA II Harddisk
    daemon-tools 4.03 x64

The problem is Native Command Queuing - after disabling it daemon-tools works just fine.

Thx for the info.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Doubtful that this is a clear fix.
      Most people I see reporting this only temporarily helps on some occasions. I had Daemon tools working fine for a few days and now my system hangs before login. I've tried everything everyone said.

I'm not sure if I should blame NVidia or Daemon-Tools, I use Daemon-Tools like I couldn't live without, this is going to be hard for me to do without.

Comment

I am wondering if you have the same configuration and have already tried to disable that special mode on your system? Do you not want to try the programs ncqoff or ncq-fix?

Comment

Maybe I have a second idea on solving this problem.

I recently had the same sptd.sys bug (no proper restart possible).

My system run perfectly with 2 onboard IDE, 1 SCSI pci and 1 RAID pci controller, SW:EaW and CureRom etc.

I changed my burners firmware and everything stopped.

No solution offered here worked.

I searched the registry and found 4 (four) entries regarding sptd.sys. I deleted all and reinstalled the sptd.sys.
          I researched the registry and found (as expected) only 2 entries for sptd.sys.

System booted up properly. Everything is fine again

murx

Comment

Fix that worked for me

I found a fix! Nothing else on these forums provided me with a solution to this problem, but after some extensive tinkering I found a way to do it. Here is a link to a short page I made with the steps to solving the problem:

http://www.kkaf.net/sptdfix.htm

Hope this works
            Last edited by 0600Zulu; 06.03.2006, 00:43.

Comment

Doesn't work for me,
              some of the registry reappear after deleted(Even though not installed)
              and Windws always makes sure that there's a scsiport.sys inplace(the file I have renamed apear with the original file)

Comment

Just to confirm there is a problem--hanging just before switching to to the login ``page''.

For me it seams as if the hang occurs randomly. Sometimes I need to reset to computer once or twice, but then it will come up.

Mobo: ASUS A8N-E, nForce4 Ultra
                SMB + Eternet drivers installed (no firewall)
                CPU: AMD 3500+
                GPU: ASUS ATI X1600XT (fanless)
                DISKS: Western Digital Sata II
                Maxtor DiamondMax 10 Sata II

Have not yet tried the NCQ disable ``fix''.

Comment

NCQ fix

Hi man,

Do u still have the ncq fix ?
                  or do u know where i can find it ? it s no more available in the nvidia site

badyie@yahoo.com
                  Cheers
                  Mercoledi

Comment

sptd.sys problems

I am also having problems with sptd.sys. I have been running the Daemon tools under Windows 2003 Server x64 for a few days now. I wanted to try to install the tools on a B2 version of Vista x64 that I have. Vista refuses to boot with sptd.sys installed. The error message specifically calls out sptd.sys. This is either an incompatibiliy with Vista or as was mentioned below modifying the disk drivers. I am not sure which. Anyone else been able to install x64 version of Daemon Tools on Vista?

Thank you.

Keivn

Comment

Originally Posted by badyie
                      Do u still have the ncq fix ?
                      or do u know where i can find it ? it s no more available in the nvidia site
                      The "fix" (I guess) is merely a setting in the IDE driver provided by nVidia nForce drivers. Device Manager->ATA/IDE->nForce.... or something. I do not use the nVidia drivers, thus, the NCQ disabling is not available.

Comment

@kburton
                        There is no virtual drive software for Vista x64 that I'm aware of.

Comment

Originally Posted by zaphman
                          The "fix" (I guess) is merely a setting in the IDE driver provided by nVidia nForce drivers. Device Manager->ATA/IDE->nForce.... or something. I do not use the nVidia drivers, thus, the NCQ disabling is not available.
                          I had some probs with the PATA drivers from nForce with my recent ASUS 8N-E mobo. Its the nForce drivers which cause the problem. In the device manager goto the IDE/ATA/ATAPI section, get the properties of the nVidia Parallel ATA an do a Roll Back on the Driver tab. You will then get a standard Microsoft driver, which works just as fine as long you have no freaky RAID/Mirror in use.

Mobo Firmware and nForce driver updates are mentioned as being helpfull, but since this worked for me, i haven't tried it.

Comment

I just tried to install Daemon Tools for the first time and am having this BSOD error. Happens with Alcohol 120% and 52% too. I tried most of the fixes here but none of them worked

Comment

I to have this problem an ive found out why

My machine wasnt booting after i installed DT, so i went through trying to fnd out what was conflicting with the SPTD.sys.

Finally after a couple of hours unplugging things i found that my logitech webcam pro 5000 was to blame, if i have the webcam plugged in my machine wont boot, if i unplug it the machine will boot on the other hand if i remove SPTD.sys i can boot my machine with my webcam in.

I was wondering if anyone else has found this or what would be better if anyone knows a fix for this?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X