UI to select images for mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UI to select images for mounting

It would be easy if there was a switchboard where you can select all images on for example your HDD to be mounted, with maybe ICON's from the application ! Then also younger people can use this tool easier ! (3 years > for playing games)

How about DaemonScript?

Comment

Daemonscript

Daemonscript is a good solution for me, thx, although still a lot of manual work to do, autosearch function would be nice ! Anyhow now it is easier to write an application that can create and execute the scripts! Maybe already such applications exist! If not maybe this application could be integrated into media center applications (for example mediaportal) !

Comment

Originally Posted by FordPrefect
        How about DaemonScript?
        DaemonScript would do the job except you would be left with rather small icons. I would love to see something that would enable browsing of images with large icons (ala CD selection in MediaCenter etc.)

Comment

Originally Posted by BrutusXXX
          It would be easy if there was a switchboard where you can select all images on for example your HDD to be mounted, with maybe ICON's from the application ! Then also younger people can use this tool easier ! (3 years > for playing games)
          Maybe a little app i've made for some friends of mine is what you'r looking for.

http://www.datafind.dk/gameon.asp

The text on the page is in danish i know, but the application is in english.
          Grenz
          Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol

Comment

Nice little app.

Yes, that app defintely is a step towards what I was looking for. Probably still a little too complicated for a 4 year old to navigate though.

Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by NicolaiL
              Yes, that app defintely is a step towards what I was looking for. Probably still a little too complicated for a 4 year old to navigate though.

Cheers
              Fair enough. I'll let you know if i one day find the time to make what your looking for.

I got a kid myself, so i'm gonna be in your shoes soon enough.
              Grenz
              Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol

Comment

That would be fantastic! I'd be very happy to help with the beta testing and offering ideas etc.

Comment

For children

Originally Posted by NicolaiL

Cheers
                  Hi Ive written a small macro for loading images its probably
                  exactly what your looking for because i wrote it with my own
                  son and his freiends in mind.
                  wrote it for the OLD Daemon TOOLS which runs with Win98
                  it also works with XP but most the children computers
                  that i stick together dont run XP so well so havnt tested so
                  much
                  I built in a small password but not secret button so that
                  any settings dont get tampered with from stickey little fingers.
                  Under that same button is also the ability to carry out command lines and so on .
                  One drawback i didnt put any work in the help system.
                  if your interested drop me a line
                  PS non financial interest
                  MAYBE ILL GET A LITTLE SUPPORT FOR WIN98se from DAEMON-TOOLS ?

regards ROBO

Comment

Sounds interesting

Originally Posted by robo
                    Hi Ive written a small macro for loading images its probably
                    exactly what your looking for because i wrote it with my own
                    son and his freiends in mind.
                    wrote it for the OLD Daemon TOOLS which runs with Win98
                    it also works with XP but most the children computers
                    that i stick together dont run XP so well so havnt tested so
                    much
                    I built in a small password but not secret button so that
                    any settings dont get tampered with from stickey little fingers.
                    Under that same button is also the ability to carry out command lines and so on .
                    One drawback i didnt put any work in the help system.
                    if your interested drop me a line
                    PS non financial interest
                    MAYBE ILL GET A LITTLE SUPPORT FOR WIN98se from DAEMON-TOOLS ?

regards ROBO
                    Hi Robo

Sounds quite interesting. Keen to see what you've got. Is it something you could upload here ?

Thanks

Comment

Just made something like that for my kids

Hi,
                      I just made an app like that for my kids.
                      The application has a client area that looks like Explorer in big icon mode. You can drag&drop shortcuts to the client area.

Invoke program with doubleclick on icon (or rightclick+"open"). The application will mount the correct CD-image with the correct drive and daemon options before the program is actully started.

"Kids mode" and password protected "configuration mode".

It seems I cannot upload to here. Drop me a line and I can email it to you. Would appreciate help with testing and suggestions for improvement. Nonprofit.

regards, Lennart

Comment

Originally Posted by pragmat
                        Hi,
                        I just made an app like that for my kids.
                        The application has a client area that looks like Explorer in big icon mode. You can drag&drop shortcuts to the client area.

Invoke program with doubleclick on icon (or rightclick+"open"). The application will mount the correct CD-image with the correct drive and daemon options before the program is actully started.

"Kids mode" and password protected "configuration mode".

It seems I cannot upload to here. Drop me a line and I can email it to you. Would appreciate help with testing and suggestions for improvement. Nonprofit.

regards, Lennart
                        Sounds great - You can reach me at a-n-t-i-s-p-a-m-nla@nicolail.plus.com

Comment

Lennart, I too would like a copy. I will also provide you with feedback as I know how important testing is (long ago programmer).

My email address is jsmitty01@hotmail.com

Regards,
                          J
                          Last edited by jsmitty; 03.05.2006, 20:24.

Comment

Working...
                          X