Mail:
    curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

yes is so:
      http://rapidshare.de/files/11451206/...oader.rar.html

Comment

easy

SR7.Stop_1.0 use the program then play f.e.a.r it works like a dream
        Last edited by deoxx; 01.03.2006, 15:32.
        3.2ghz. xpPRO sp2.1gb ram. asus gforce 6600gt 128mb.

Comment

I have tried several methods and FEAR 1.03 just doesn't want to work with DT. Using an mini-image from GCW, tried compat mode, several tools, (yes my IDE is disabled in Devmgr) and antisecurom wont work either. I watched in taskmanager and FEAR.exe starts for a split second then quits. Ideas? oh and XP64 btw

Comment

FEAR is officially WinXP x64 compatible (just checked the support website to be sure). Does it work from the original DVD? Does it work without the patch to 1.03?
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Have you tried Securom loader V1.2 ?

Comment

CureRom 2.0 public beta (out since few days) should also work.
                hxxp://curerom.net
                DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

In response; Yes, it works I believe on patch 1.02 with mds, or from the original CD (we live in a little hick-ass town so it's not available on dvd here and my brother isn't smart enough to buy it online - it was a gift). CR2.0b gets emulator detected message - but curerom has never worked. Securom loader, on the other hand, has worked on my system before... v1.0 I think on patch 1.02, was the config that worked. SRL1.1 was the one that caused FEAR.exe to start and die within a fraction of a second with no error (fear v1.3), and SRL 1.2 gives the emulator detected message.

Comment

Have you closed everything down that may be blacklisted - AnyDVD, CloneCD etc?

I would have thought Securerom loader 1.2 would have done the trick

Comment

I have FEAR 1.03 and it works without the dvd.
                      (v1.0 then updated to 1.02 then to 1.03).
                      The image i use is one downloaded from the web. I didn't made it by myself even if I own the original dvd.
                      I remember it is also working when i use curerom 1.3.
                      DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

I really don't know what could be blacklisted other than DT, don't have ANYdvd or CLONEcd or anything like that, I haven't even gotten around to reinstalling nero since last format.... Could it be something left over from a Starforce install? I bought and installed LOMAC:FC without doing my research, and even after I got rid of the SF drivers, it was giving me problems -- my IDE controller was disabled in BIOS, and any time i tried to enable it, the system would hang. neither one of my ODD drives was detected in bios. I finally had to move them to the secondary header to remedy the problem. everything worked fine before SF. Goddamn i hate those... well I'll keep it civil. Luckily my HD is SATA :|

Comment

I notice that Fear Patch 1.04 (22mb) has now been released, maybe this will make things easier (or worst ) for those having problems
                          Last edited by joeboy; 28.04.2006, 12:54.

Comment

I notice that Fear Patch 1.04 (22mb) has now been released, maybe this will make things easier (or worst ) for those having problems
                            nope... i own a copy of F.E.A.R...
                            I have installed the 1.04 update...
                            No problems with either CureROM or ASR... Working 100%
                            Mail:
                            curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

One question... what would you guys consider the best setup (what tools, how configured, etc) for the best chances for it to work for me?

also, I'm using the fear 1.02 fixed image from GCW. Can anyone confirm that works for them?

I've just got 1.04 and I'm going to go ahead and try the whole arsenal of possible ways to get it to work, again. Agh. Thx for your help guys

Comment

Originally Posted by sYk0
                                nope... i own a copy of F.E.A.R...
                                I have installed the 1.04 update...
                                No problems with either CureROM or ASR... Working 100%
                                The same for me, I eventually got around to installing the game today. Works no problem for me patched to version 1.04 with both Curerom 2.0 beta & Antisecurerom 1.2 :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X