Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: HElp me with my RAM

Default HElp me with my RAM

i was switching my computers when i got a new motherboard.i was putting my ram in but somehow i put it in backwards(surprised myself) i turned my pc on and quickly smelled something really hot.(my ram getting really hot) i turned everything off quickly and noticed my ram.so i put it in normally but since then all i get are beeps(long beep<pause> long beep<pause>non stop) i have 3 slots and i tred moving my ram in all 3 slots but still nothing worked.my screen doesnt even start. everything on my mobo works so im not sure if my mobo is screwed. i know my ram isnt because im using it on my other pc rite now and it works fine. i have a feeling maybe when i put it in backwards something happened to my slots.
    CPU-pentium 4 1.6Ghz
    Mobo-vc19
    Graphics-geforce4 mx4000
    thats all i have connected when i try to start it up(well keyboard and mouse too)
    HELP nothing works even jumpers i treid already

Experienced User

No need to double post.
    Carpe diem

Uh, that shouldn't be possible. There are little "keys" that prevent this, so .... did you break them off or something?

Your board sounds like its under waranty, try to RMA it.

BTW, you may want to try running a memory test program on that RAM, try a program called prime95, it runs in windows. Run a torture test, if it passes a few hours without an error, you're good. If it finds an error, its likely you damaged that too. (bad ram can still boot to windows in some cases).

Default treid

i did that and my ram came out good no errors. i dunno someything is wrong with my mobo but it seems working

TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

look in your mobo manual! there should be a description what the beeps mean... RTFM

i know wat my beeps mean. it means that no memory(RAM)is being detected but i put it in correctly it still beeps

TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

have u ever tried to put in another RAM?!
    try that and tell us if it worked...

acually i did try it and it didnt work.it was a 256mb brand new

Experienced User

Default Bios

what bios have your motherboard? Award, Phoenix,AMI.

The beeps depends of it.
    Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

i have an award

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast