No announcement yet.

StarWars Empire at war ..save me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well after reading and trying pretty much every option to make this work properly, I have found a solution for my setup.
    First off, all I used was Alcohol 120%, and CureROM. Second, my error was both "emulator detected" when not using CureROM or SecuRom. I also got "cannot be found or authenticated" when I did used SecuRom and CureROM. I tried every single option, the crazy xcopy (which doesn't do anything at all) disabling drives etc. I did, however, get it to run once, but only once. I based my information I collected on what most of the experianced posters were saying.
    The problem mainly consists to your actual image. I made 10 different images and tried about 20 times before posting this You must make the image on precision and on a slower speed ( I used 8x) I made 5 with 8x all worked, I made 5 others at maximum, only one worked and only worked once.

When you use CureROM, follow these steps as well:
    1. Create a New profile ( do not use an older profile to make sure of a clean slate)
    2. Click the application "sweaw.exe" NOT the launcher.
    3. Find your image
    4. Select to run with Alc120 ( I will also run with DT but I only tried that once)
    5. Suspend the autorun
    6. You can set it to wait 7 or 10 seconds but I not think it will make a difference.

Once the icon is made change it's compatability to Windows 2000. ( I did this as a precaution since it did work for alot of people but I did not try without it)

Hopefully this helps anyone with their problem with Empire at War.

SkRiGeR

Comment

• Empire at War on x64

I have gotten empire at war to run on DT using antisecurom under windows x64. So far results are intermittent at best. I have run the actual game using both a blindwrite mini image and the full mds image. seems it only wants to run when the system is rebooted and dt loads the image for me at boot.

Comment

• Thx to Sabeh i finally got it to work, but noo...every time it seems like its going to load and comes up..bam my comp restarts..im confused to why this is...i highly doubt my image is corrupt or it wouldnt even load..does anyone know a way around this?

Comment

• Originally Posted by imb27es
          Well, hi to everyone and cheers to all DT developers, great piece of work (this is my first post, I think, although I've spent months reading the forums).

Just tried StarWars EaW in my rig with Curerom 1.3.0b and worked like a charm if used in Pro mode and DT 4.0.3 (the system suffered a hard failure and reboot when tried the Lite way, more a problem from Curerom than from protection itself, I guess). None of the other tools worked for me (SD4Hide or Pr0tSt0p).

All IDE units connected, by the way (with nforce2 mobo, if that's of any use).
          hey imb27es could you please be more specific cause I tried it the same way as you but no luck at all. I accept emails as well but posting would be fine as well. TY

Comment

• Umm, oK ive done everything, but befor it starts, it says "This Application has failed to start because binkw32.dll was not found............" does anyone know what that is???

Comment

• Bink is a commercial video codec used in some games which should be installed along with the game. Maybe something went wrong with your installation, try installing the game again. If the error still comes up, contact the official game support.
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

• What? It was working a second ago!

I had EAW working, using Curerom lite, latest version and Daemontools, latest version. However, now I am getting a "Original disc could not be found or authenticated." error whenever I attempt to start up EAW. I have not changed anytihng since it wa sworking, the image is loaded and curerom-lite is turned on. Any thoughts?

Comment

• hmmm

I tried every program and solution (that i understood). I have only made two images (one a media thingy in alcohol and one iso in ultra iso) and i did make them with the software set to high (for dpm).

I can install from either, with no problems but they will not run.

Comment

• I have tried all the solutions listed on this site, and the only one that has worked for me to any degree is mounting using DT4 and then launching via AntiSecurom. However, this only works every 3 to 4 times (the rest I get the authentication error).

The success rate is not the problem, however. Before installing the patch I was able to launch the game once with 100% success using this method. However, I was unable to launch it again for 10 tries, so I installed the patch. Now, I can launch the game every 3 or 4 tries, but as soon as the game appears, it quits.

I do not have Alcohol, so I am using a BW DVD rip. I really don't want to spend the additional money on Alcohol, but other than that I see no other solution than using the original disk, which is a pain.

It's a shame that game companies have made it so hard for even legitimate users to run the game without the inconvenience of inserting the disk each time.

Comment

• I found a simple enough solution. Nothing too fancy.

I went to http://support.lucasarts.com and downloaded the latest Empire at War patch.

Then I downloaded the SecuROM loader (found here http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=2 ).

Then you just open the SecuROM loader and load the executable in the EmpireatWar\GameData folder. That's it. It opened fine on the first try.

*EDIT*
                      It only works for opening it once. After that you get the [Original disc could not be found or authenticated ] error. But it's going in the right direction at least?
                      Last edited by RogueJedi86; 11.03.2006, 20:34.

Comment

Working...
                      X