No announcement yet.

StarWars Empire at war ..save me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k there is another fix, some people have to use this one ive heard.

Use curerom profile on sweax.exe, use DT4 to mount, save profile blah blah.
    Then change the compatibility mode on sweaw.exe to windows 2000 (or if that doesnt work a diff one)

close curerom, then start the game through the curerom exe.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sabrehawk
      No doesnt work..instead for the first time i get a new
      error: "Original CD could not be authencificated."
      This means your image is bad. I had the same problem, about 1 out of 10 times the game would start, and the other 9 times I got that error.
      Gonna try to make a better image later today.

I can confirm the game runs with CureROM 1.3b, but you need to point it to sweaw.exe (in the GameData directory of the game) and not to the launcher (LaunchEAW.exe).
      Last edited by Reef; 18.02.2006, 08:28.

Comment

Originally Posted by chronicpayne
        if you are still having problems it is probly because of this issue.

Use the LauncheEAW.exe to mount the game with DT4 (i used curerom to load dt4 then LaunchEAW.exe)
        THEN
        use securom loader 1.0 to open "...Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\sweaw.exe"

this works perfectly, thanks chronic =)

you'll have to excuse me while i go destroy some rebels now

Comment

Originally Posted by chronicpayne
          ok guys, just got done downloading this and i had this problem
          but i have foudn the solution.

This is how i got it to work. Mounted the image with DT4 (using curerom).
          when the app launched i closed the window, then used securom loader v1.0 (available in the downloads section) and used it to load the sweaw.exe file from the GameData folder.

it proceeded to load, and works evertime now (using the above method)

no thanks needed, i know im alreay godlike
          I get this error when I do your way:
          Original disc could not be found or authenticated

Comment

It seems to be that you have AnyDVD installed and running. Its necessary to Disable AnyDVD for SecuROM 7 Games.

Hope this helps
            You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

I worship before Curerom. I tried EVERY trick in the book, other than Curerom, and none worked. I mounted the ISO in Alcohol 120%, through the latest Curerom version, and it worked better (and faster) than with the original CD. Wow. Thanks for the tips guys!

Comment

Just found the fix (for me at least) with CureRom: When you're setting the image settings, under backup image mounting options, set the "wait" time to 10 seconds. This gives DT4 enough time to load the image and launch the game properly. I also clicked suspend autorun.

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
                  This means your image is bad. I had the same problem, about 1 out of 10 times the game would start, and the other 9 times I got that error.
                  Gonna try to make a better image later today.

I can confirm the game runs with CureROM 1.3b, but you need to point it to sweaw.exe (in the GameData directory of the game) and not to the launcher (LaunchEAW.exe).
                  I had that same error, but I just found the fix (for me at least) with CureRom: When you're setting the image settings, under backup image mounting options, set the "wait" time to 10 seconds. This gives DT4 enough time to load the image and launch the game properly. I also clicked suspend autorun.

Comment

I tried every single one of the above methods how they were described, and couldnt get it to work at all. No matter what I did I always got the module error crap. If anyone else is still getting problems, I found a way for it to work...at least on my computer.

Its not so much a matter of the programs that your using as the order you launch them, or so I found.

First off I have this installed:
                    Alcohol 120% 1.9.3XXXX(not a 1.9.5 build)
                    Daemon Tools V4, latest as of 2/17
                    Pr0t St0p 1.0
                    Curerom 1.30b

Curerom didnt seem to do anything for me, that I know of anyways.

First in Alcohol completely disable the emulated drive, its shouldnt be too hard. Once it launches click the Virtual Drive button on the left, change your emulated devices to 0

Load Daemon Tools and completely change the name of manufactor, model and revision for the virtual drive. It could be gibberish for the names as far as I know. Just for safety though I kept it a number for the revision, like 2.7 or something.

Find your file, I used a BWT version(Blind Write), and mount it. Note: On my computer it had a .BWA file in the folder there as well, I dont know if this can make a difference or not but I dont believe it loaded that particular file.

Next use Pr0t St0p to disable your scsi line. I tried this with the permissions set to deny on my mounted devices. You HAVE TO UNDO THIS. I was getting an error about it, and it would not allow me to continue.

Next and last, find your executable file, sweaw.exe, and load it using Securerom_Loader(which is oddly named AntiSecureRom...hmmm). When I did all of these steps in a complete order the game loaded just fine, after doing its *search* to find the cd.

Hopefully this helped those that couldnt solve running the game like me.

-SH

Comment

Ok, excuse me cos im new :P Firstly whats an ICSE Drive and how do i disable it, or does it even have to be disabled.
                      Secondly, I've tried everything above and still I get various error messages such as emulation detected, original disc error etc.
                      I have daemon tools v4, curerom 1.3, Pr0t St0p, antisecurerom and have tried all the combinations listed above.
                      Was wondering if anyone else used the .mdf image, or is that the one causing the problems. Thanks.

Comment

For me, was just a case of having the disk image mounted in DT 4.03 x64 and using AntiSecuROM to point to the games sweaw.exe executable.

I applied the 1.02 patch which updates the protection from the original SecuROM 7.00.00.0129 to SecuROM 7.00.00.0157 and still no problems launching the game.
                        Last edited by ManMountain; 18.02.2006, 12:41.

Comment

Could u guys please verify if you have Securom Service added
                          to your list of windows services and if UASERVICE7 is present
                          under \system32 in your windows folder?
                          Guys vote for the threads you read to give
                          the rating system a place to live ^^

Comment

Both the service and executable you mentioned are non-existant here.

Comment

I have the same problems ! I tried really all versions i found in the net like curerom , AntiSecuROM , SR7.Stop_v1.2

But once i was in the game dunno why it worked.

Fact is i cant get the game to work on all 3 pc's i have

Comment

I've tried everything that everybody suggested and nothing works

I think the problem is the image I created with alcohol 120% 1.9.5 xxx. Will the problem be solved if I make 10 other images or is it something else ?

Comment

Working...
                                X