Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is a hidden device called sony_ssm.sys present in your
    device manager?

(i never had any sony cd in my drive since i dont listen to audio cds on the computer
    and i dont even have a drive connected, and i have sony_ssm.sys in my device
    manager as a hidden component. Im rather thinking that ive been rootkitted by those
    bastards.
    Guys vote for the threads you read to give
    the rating system a place to live ^^

Comment

Again, nope. Sounds like some other program has done the dirty to your system as none of the things you mention are present on my system after installing and running Star Wars.

Comment

Great...wow i really want to know how this got on my rig ...
        well i uninstalled it from devicemanager and it is now gone.

Is secdrv present in device manager?

(all these entries must be in the NON-PNP section of the
        device manager and it might be a good idea to have the
        tweak added to show hidden devices)

Registry Settings System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\
        Environment]
        Value Name: DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES
        Data Type: REG_SZ
        Value Data: (1 = show all hidden devices)
        Last edited by Sabrehawk; 18.02.2006, 14:33.

Comment

hi, im havin exact the same problem.. tried CureROM 1.3.1 with DT 4.0.3 x64 and get "emulator detected" message (in pro and lite mode). also tried pr0t st0p but it didnt help (it says its hiding dtscsi but i get the same "emulator detected" message) as well as Securom 7 burner loader. also tried antiblah and antiblaxx but i get "security module" message. AntiSecuROM doesnt even start sweaw.exe - it starts then stops without any messages (in event viewer too). no other emulation software installed.

Comment

Yes, Macrovisions safedisk launcher, secdrv (secdrv.sys) is present. In fact, it should be present on all versions of Windows XP and upwards.

Comment

I have also tried everything stated in this thread without any progress. Using AntiSecuRom I get "Original disc could not be found or authenticated". Im running Win 64, DT4, CureRom 1.3.1. Have a nforce4 motherboard.

Comment

Ok I kept getting a Security Module error so it wasnt even reaching the SecureROM test.

After much searching I found an answer in the LucasArts techsupport forum that some guy found somewhere else. Of course the CSRs in the forum have not acknowledged the post even tho it appears legit copies are having lots of problems.

Anyway to fix the module error:
                Regedit
                Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices
                Right click MountedDevices
                Left click Permissions
                Left click Advanced
                Now look an see if there is a Deny permission type. I was too scared to just delete it so I just edited it to Full Control which is what the Admin is supposed to have anyway.

I tried to start the game an then got the Emulator error an well theres dozens of posts about that.

Hope it helps someone.

Comment

Driving me nuts

I can get the setup to run but it says....

It detects previous install or Uninstall....... what the heck is that about?

Comment

i have experienced the same problems and most of the solutions mentioned above didnt work for me.

Finally I removed the virtual drive in alcohol and the game worked with dt4 and curerom 1.3

Comment

If I try to mount the image with curerom (the launcher), then close the launchwindow and use securom 7 burner loader, the error message I get is "Unable to get secret value"....

does anybody have another idea what to do to get this to work...I tried the above suggestions and so far nothing.

Comment

can anybody confirm that the message "Original CD could not be authencificated." originates from a bad image?

Comment

Finally!!!!!!

ok i got it to work with just curerom 1.3 and DT4. Now for me atleast after going thru all the variations and suggestions i found the simplist method worked with no problems. Now this may not work for u but the secret is perseverance!!!!!!
                          start with this and try something till it works for u.
                          1. Use curerom to load ur image. the settings are as follows.
                          a. create a new profile, then select the "options" button on the bottom left -> "Cure rom settings".. select the option that indicates the 3rd party virtual cd rom facility. make sure it points to daemon tools 4.0XX or newer.
                          b. click apply and close the menu. then click on the browse menu and select the sweaw.exe file from the the gamedata folder in ur install directory, NOT the LaunchEAW.exe!(i mention this cause i tried it with launch it did not work with any variation mentioned above, if it does for u thats well and good). Then click next.
                          c. now select "use daemon tools to load ur image etc.." from the drop down and browse for the image of cd1 on ur hard disk and open. then make sure the wait is 10 secs and select the suspend DVD/CD Rom option. click next.
                          d. click next again and save. then close.
                          2. now right click the sweaw.exe shortcut on ur desktop and change the compatability to windows 2000 under the properties menu(not sure if this needed but i did n e way).
                          then double click on the shortcut u should be good to go or atleast u have something to start with.

Comment

well i tried all of the mentioned things multiple times and
                            it doesnt work. So i gave up on it.

I think maybe for some reason the securom drivers dont install properly
                            on my rig and therefor cannot authencitate the disc.

Oh yes..one more thing. It might be normal for 4.x but is it correct that
                            with installed DVD images the drive under "My Computer" is only shown as
                            CD Rom Drive with CD File System?. Somewhere in the back of my head
                            i thought it should display as CD/DVD drive...
                            Last edited by Sabrehawk; 19.02.2006, 04:43.

Comment

ok i dont know if its me or not but ive been messing around with curerom and securerom loader for the past 30 minutes and cant get the game to run. farthest i get it to the autorun screen with choices such as start game, options, etc. ive been trying to follow the steps in post #13 and #17, but i just cant fully grasp what im supposed to do with these programs. here is what i am doing step by step.

1. open curerom > creat new profile
                              2. under application settings i direct it to the launEAW.exe aswell as the sweaw.exe
                              3. select "use daemon tools" to mount back up image > direct the back up image to the .mds file.
                              4. nothing changed on the shorcut settings screen
                              5. save the profile

then i open up the shorcut curerom makes and 1. when i use the LaunchEAW.exe with curerom it just brings to the screen i talked about before, i hit play game and the program just shuts down 2. when i use the sweaw.exe with curerom absolutely nothing happens when i open up the shortcut.

ive also used securerom loader to open the sweaw.exe absolutely nothing happens once again. i know i have to be doing something wrong here but i just cant figure out what, im really bad when it comes to using programs like these.

1. open cure rom

Comment

Originally Posted by Sabrehawk
                                I think maybe for some reason the securom drivers dont install properly
                                on my rig and therefor cannot authencitate the disc.
                                erm securom doesnt use drivers...
                                my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
                                X