X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by evlncrn8
    erm securom doesnt use drivers...
    erm you sure?
    Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

My only problem is how to make a good image.
      But I don't know what format I should use , mds, cue, iso, ... ?
      Or wich program : Alcohol , Blindwrite, ... ?

I keep getting the error ''Disc could not be found or authenticitated''

Comment

yep doesnt use drivers, at best theres the system service thing but that doesnt seem to be installed with this game, so no drivers, no services, the problem is with something else
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

The service "UAService.exe" is commonly installed with demo products, that will commonly expire after a certain number of days or uses... "CrashDay" is one such demo that uses this service...
          Mail:
          curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Has anyone with Win XP 64 managed to get this working. I was reading the CureRom thread and it doesn't look like the 1.3.1 build is 64bit compatible.
            Last edited by Muner; 19.02.2006, 12:45.

Comment

I tried all described ways to start SW-E@W from my Image, but none of them worked.

First, there was the Message, that an Emulation SW was detected, but with CureRom and/or AntiSecuRom, it does not start saying "Originial disc could not be found or authenticated".

Any further hints? Ist there probably something I should take care of when creating the image?

Thanx!

Comment

Ok after a lot of trouble I have finaly managed to get it up and running. I have gone through 3 images and I can now say that if you get the "Originial disc could not be found or authenticated" then it is a bad image. I am now using a mini image mounted manually in DT4.0.3 x64 and starting it with AntiSecuRom

Comment

U need CureROM 1.3 end patch 1.1 for starwars

link 4 patch: http://www.gamershell.com/download_12592.shtml

Settings 4 CureROM:

(APPLICATION Settings) / APPLICATION: C:program files/ Lucas Arts/ Star Wars Empire at WAR/ GAME DATA (importen)/ sweaw.exe DO NOT SELECT LunchEAW.exe dosen't work, then just NEXT,next, next, then save and finish.

Sorry for my ENG

Comment

hmmmmm

Originally Posted by Ugly&Zealous
                    ok i got it to work with just curerom 1.3 and DT4. Now for me atleast after going thru all the variations and suggestions i found the simplist method worked with no problems. Now this may not work for u but the secret is perseverance!!!!!!
                    start with this and try something till it works for u.
                    1. Use curerom to load ur image. the settings are as follows.
                    a. create a new profile, then select the "options" button on the bottom left -> "Cure rom settings".. select the option that indicates the 3rd party virtual cd rom facility. make sure it points to daemon tools 4.0XX or newer.
                    b. click apply and close the menu. then click on the browse menu and select the sweaw.exe file from the the gamedata folder in ur install directory, NOT the LaunchEAW.exe!(i mention this cause i tried it with launch it did not work with any variation mentioned above, if it does for u thats well and good). Then click next.
                    c. now select "use daemon tools to load ur image etc.." from the drop down and browse for the image of cd1 on ur hard disk and open. then make sure the wait is 10 secs and select the suspend DVD/CD Rom option. click next.
                    d. click next again and save. then close.
                    2. now right click the sweaw.exe shortcut on ur desktop and change the compatability to windows 2000 under the properties menu(not sure if this needed but i did n e way).
                    then double click on the shortcut u should be good to go or atleast u have something to start with.
                    I tried this method (thanks for the tutorial btw, made it much easier to work with), and while it did eliminate the "Emulator Found!" message, I instead recieve the "Original Disk Cannot be Found or Authenticated" message.

I've been fiddling around with the damn thing for a while but get stuck at that point every time. Any more advice?

Comment

If you get the error "Originial disc could not be found or authenticated" then your image is bad.
                      Seems like it's not easy to create a good image for this game...

Comment

I got mine to run after switching from a CD blindwrite image to a DVD Alcohol one.

Initionally it kept saying "Originial disc could not be found or authenticated," but after the switch it changed to "Emulation detected..." Thats when I just used Curerom 1.3 as stated before and it now runs fine.

Comment

were to download curerom 1.3 pro ?

Comment

"k there is another fix, some people have to use this one ive heard.

Use curerom profile on sweax.exe, use DT4 to mount, save profile blah blah.
                            Then change the compatibility mode on sweaw.exe to windows 2000 (or if that doesnt work a diff one)

close curerom, then start the game through the curerom exe."

Really works, thanks chronicpayne... nothing else worked for me.

Comment

I tryed that butdidt work for me
                              I had many problems with BF2, but now works
                              anyone have aother idea howto make ESW Empire at wor to work
                              HELP

Comment

Just a question to those who managed to run it via CureROM, is there some of you that made it run under XP x64?
                                Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                                X