Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eureka!!

Originally Posted by Reef
    If you get the error "Originial disc could not be found or authenticated" then your image is bad.
    Seems like it's not easy to create a good image for this game...
    I got this message a few times trying different ways , however i did this .....
    Originally Posted by TripleCross
    (APPLICATION Settings) / APPLICATION: Crogram files/ Lucas Arts/ Star Wars Empire at WAR/ GAME DATA (importen)/ sweaw.exe DO NOT SELECT LunchEAW.exe dosen't work, then just NEXT,next, next, then save and finish.
    ..and it works fine. I was doing the easy way out using the first thing i saw (launcheaw.exe) but in game data the sweaw.exe is the one you are supposed to use. I'm using curerom with dt4 and now im going to go play the game.

Comment

To get around the original disc is not inserted message do the following:

1) Follow the guy's instructions who posted screens
      2) Set compatibility of EAW CureROM shortcut to Windows 2000

3) In the Daemon Tools system tray icon, right-click it and uncheck all the emulation options.

4) Make sure the CureROM shortcut has ALL of the options enabled instead of just the one.

I couldn't get it working until I unchecked the options In Daemon, so CureROM will set the options itself.

P.S. You need to do that every time you start the game, because they will all become checked again by default.

Comment

Iґm having some problems to get it to work:
        First i installed the image/game on my fatherґs pc (hardly any games installed on it) Worked like a charm with Daemon Tool 4.0 and Antisecurom Loader.
        Then i installed it on my brothers PC (some games,rather fresh windows install) and got it to work after some toying around with Daemon Tools and Curerom. (Antisecurom wouldnt work)

Now i installed it on my PC and canґt get it to work at ALL!!
        Always get the "Original disc could not be found or authenticated."
        Since it is obviously not the image i can only think of some options here:

- Some form of Protection intefering from an other game
        - My PC was the only one that had the Demo of EAW installed..

Any ideas/Suggestions? (Beside reinstalling Windows *g*)

Comment

Possible Solution...

Hi Guys,

After battling this issue my self for the last hour i think i have a solution and i wanted to share with you guys.

It seams that scurerom 7 detects the mount process of the image.

Simply mount the image via deamon tools first and NOT via the CureRom profile wizard.
          After mounting, lunch the game using the CureRom shortcut.

Just to make it clear: You still need to create a profile for it and lunch the game using the created shortcut but dont choose to mount the game image.

I hope this will work for all of you guys.
          Thx,
          Ofir

Comment

Ok

I've got a couple of replies to my post, so to those ppl who r still not able to get it to work i have found that, over many, many, many trials with various different games, that there is no ONE way of doing things. As philosphical as this may sound , u just have to keep trying and trying till u find what works for you. It took me 3!!!! days to figure it out. and all i had was this forum to help me out. Now the method i posted earlier was the simplist and seemed to work the fastest. if u follow the steps as mentioned u'd be doing it the way i got it too work. and just in case some of u didn't pay attention to the details i'll will put alot more emphasis on them.
            1. when u r selecting the application in curerom1.3 make sure u r selecting the sweaw.exe and NOT!!!!! the launcheaw.exe. when i tried it with the launcheaw.exe nothing seemed to work, i kept getting the security module could not be loaded crap...
            2. try the windows compatibility on ur shortcut that is created on ur desktop.
            3. make sure ur settings are as i mentioned above.
            oh for the person who wanted to know where to get curerom 1.3 (I'm not sure if the admin will allow this but..)
            Gameguru Mania is the world's leading source for PC, PS5, Xbox X, Switch video game news, reviews, previews, cheats, trainers, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

i found all the latest files here with exception of DT4
            if u get a security module error msg then it's just a variation of settings and methods b4 u can get it to work on ur comp.
            if u get a wrong disk msg then i think most probably ur image is not good, i made mine with A120, works fine.
            I apologise for the long posts but if it helps well and good.
            and good luck!

Comment

Anyone got this error message: A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed.

From what I have read, the message was Emulating device detected or cannot identify disk...

Comment

I've been going through the board myself and have had the same problems as everyone else, no matter what I tried.

Out of curiosity I tried deleting the sweaw.crp profile from my CureRom folder and the same thing I'd tried three times in a row worked fine. This leads me to believe it was not updating the profile.

So ultimately what I did was this:

- Deleted the sweaw.crp profile from CureRom install folder.
                - Ran CureRom to create a profile using Shield's settings on page 5 of this thread, using sweaw.exe in the GAMEDATA folder (though I set it to wait for 10 seconds instead of 7).
                - Saved icon on desktop.
                - Launched game.

Nothing with AntiSecureRom or anything, though I did at some point try changing the device settings (vendor/model/version) on the virtual device in DT, so that could have a bearing.

I think this could be what's causing most of people's problems, as Shield's settings may be the trick, but if there was already a profile for sweaw in the CureRom folder it may not have been updated with the new settings, resulting in folks just spinning their wheels with any changes.

So my advice is this: Before you try any changes, delete the old sweaw.crp profile in your CureRom/Profiles folder.

Comment

exception error when playing?!?!?!

i am able to load and play the game with the use of curerom. however, while playing as the rebels, when im in the main galaxy screen i randomly crash to windows. the error message i get is this one...

Exception in thread CC8 - Main Thread
                  Exception code EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
                  The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
                  Attempt to read from address 00000008

does anyone know how to fix this??

im using dt 4.03 and curerom 1.3
                  thx in advance!!

Comment

I got cannot be authenticated error message, made a CD image with Alcohol 1.9.5.3105 and Securom New* settings...

Comment

@ shi3ld

warez questions are not tolerated in here und you are using a downloaded versions of the game as i see in your pictures

Comment

sorry but the link for curerom doesn't work for me , when i click into curerom it make me go on the homepage.

im trying to download it on emule
                        if you have an other link thank you

Comment

ok i get the not original disk message or when i use curom 1.31 i get a new message can't find disk lector (english traduction sorry)

so i have probably a bad image can you give me a link for a working image ?

Comment

no links to images here

Comment

wow

Ive been through every post in this thread. EVERY who has this porblem seem to be having the same problem. I used nero to burn my imaged from my legal copy. Also my cure rom gives me an erro when i try to enable anti black list measures. maybe there is a way to force an authentication on an imaige? is that possibe...

Comment

well i said i give up (but u know me ) 1 took 2 more steps
                                to get this solved (since i cant let that happen to me).

I got the update of the game. It may be that already this
                                fixed my problem but i didnt bother to crosscheck without
                                the 2nd step i did ...and that was getting the CD version
                                of the game and trading it in for the DVD Version.

Guess what ..a blindwrite cd image works like a charm
                                and i didnt even have to reinstall the game, just mounted
                                cd 1 to play.

I also used pr0tstop and curerom 1.3b in conjunction
                                to start it and had insta success.

So again im not sure if the game update did it
                                or if it really was a bad dvd image i made in the first place.

And about securom drivers. You might be right about that there
                                are none (at least none visible).They have used various things
                                in the past (uaservice7 etC) which got me confused. And boy
                                it was a pain in the ass to get rid of it.
                                Last edited by Sabrehawk; 21.02.2006, 01:08.
                                Guys vote for the threads you read to give
                                the rating system a place to live ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X