StarWars Empire at war ..save me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarWars Empire at war ..save me

Im having one big annoying time with this pos..

It always tells me that either it detects emulation or that
    a security module could not be loaded.

Ive tried sdhide, pr0tstop,curerom 1.2 (couldnt dl 1.3 since
    the links are taken down for bugfixing) all the same emulator
    detected.

I tried permissions trick in \hlkm\system\mounted devices

I have no Alc120% on my rig (i dont even had it installed ever i guess)

Im not so sure if there might be some driver remnants of burning software
    (at least i have none in my control panel software)

oh yes i have absolutely no optical drives connected to this computer either
    i use a mounted image in dt4.03 which i made on a other rig.

According to the error message the problem is not the image anyway.

Anyone have idea whats going on?

Various people on the LA forums have the same problem
    (even when using the original dvd)
    The guest account workaround didnt help me either
    Last edited by Sabrehawk; 18.02.2006, 00:49.
    Guys vote for the threads you read to give
    the rating system a place to live ^^

Tried to unplug your IDE?
    Carpe diem

Comment

Originally Posted by Kinlaadare
      Tried to unplug your IDE?
      Read again.

Comment

Sorry, i have problem getting my eyes open... I'm tired
        Carpe diem

Comment

i wish there was some sort of scanner software that goes
          through my system files and checks for known emulator
          and other stuff that might cause safedisc/securom to hurt.
          Last edited by Sabrehawk; 18.02.2006, 03:35.

Comment

Try securom loader v1.0 in the downloads section. I use it with A120 (sorry DT).

I don't have to unplug anything or use the Win2000 compatibility mode.

Comment

i used that too but with DT

emulator detected

Comment

Well, hi to everyone and cheers to all DT developers, great piece of work (this is my first post, I think, although I've spent months reading the forums).

Just tried StarWars EaW in my rig with Curerom 1.3.0b and worked like a charm if used in Pro mode and DT 4.0.3 (the system suffered a hard failure and reboot when tried the Lite way, more a problem from Curerom than from protection itself, I guess). None of the other tools worked for me (SD4Hide or Pr0tSt0p).

All IDE units connected, by the way (with nforce2 mobo, if that's of any use).

Comment

Short of installing Alc and trying that you could try this. Make a backup of the Registry scsi entry via an export, delete the entire scsi key and then run the game with the loader. Maybe even with the MountedDevices key too. Try this if the scsi thing doesn't work.

Whatever the results just import the scsi key after you are done with the game even though I think it will be recreated when you reboot.

When I installed Alc I used the option to rename the drivers. This might be why emulation is not found with me. DT on the other hand uses a driver name that the whole gaming industry probably knows by now. Maybe this is what is preventing you from running the game.

Comment

is it normal that under scsiport 0 i have a atapi device (cd rom) although i have NO IDE Opticals connected to the
                    computer?

I also tried deleting that and renaming scsiport 1 (where DT is sitting)
                    to something else.

emulator detected

driving me nuts...and other people have no problem at all..even with
                    ide drives attached....

nforce3 mobo btw, no sw ide driver

if it was a general blacklist of dtscsi .xxx other people with dt
                    installed wouldnt be able to run it either
                    Last edited by Sabrehawk; 18.02.2006, 03:41.

Comment

Hey, it might be too late to respond to this, you might already have found the solution, but just in case, here's an EASY one that works. CureROM does NOT work (despite what it said in the install help when I downloaded the game) Instead, use AntiSecureROM from the DT Download section, that program works GREAT. No problems.

Comment

if you are still having problems it is probly because of this issue.

Use the LauncheEAW.exe to mount the game with DT4 (i used curerom to load dt4 then LaunchEAW.exe)
                        THEN
                        use securom loader 1.0 to open "...Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\sweaw.exe"

Comment

credit to chronicpayne

I can confirm Chronicpaynes fix, kind of a pain in the ass, but it works.

Comment

Still can't get it to work

I have tried using the Securom_Loader in the downloads section as well as using curerom 1.2.2 and 1.3.0b pro and using a combination of the 2, but I still get the error that a required security module can not be activated. I have also tried doing this on my roommates laptop and it still fails there.

Comment

No doesnt work..instead for the first time i get a new
                              error: "Original CD could not be authencificated."

it seems if this is really securom protected, the securom service is not getting installed on my system.

usually it does install uaservice7.exe in your windows services
                              and i would find a registry key about securom in HKLM/Software.
                              Only a entry in HKCU was present maybe a remnant of older
                              seucurom installations.

None of this happens. So this is either a bastard version of
                              securom or something is preventing it from being installed
                              on my system. I dont think KAV (kaspersky anti-vir) is doing
                              it..(cause i disabled real time protection)...but who knows...
                              Last edited by Sabrehawk; 18.02.2006, 07:44.

Comment

Working...
                              X