No announcement yet.

CureROM & Star Wars: Empire at War...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they mean mount the image backup of the game disc.

Comment

Hey G8kpr3000

What do you mean with

"or is the original blindwirte a backup copy?"

????

How did you create the image?

Comment

Hi Everybody. Look this is my solution. It may be obvious for someone but it wasnґt for me.

Iґve trying to use CureRom and antiSecuRom and it didnґt work until i realize that the trick is to try again and again with any o this.

Lets say, i tryed once and it didnґt work so i thought that it wonґt work, (because i was receiving the message that the disc couldnґt be authetified) but I started trying again and again until it worked. Thatґs the trick, choose cureRom or antisecurom, and start trying to open the game until it works.
        For me AntiSecuRom was the best. Thatґs all.

I Hope it helps somebody.

Bye!

Comment

CnelBuendia - you cannot be serious. It may work, sure, but it isn't a practical permanent solution. One thing is... even if it has the potential to work eventually, you may not be able to tell the first time if it can if it gives you that original disk crap again.

I created the image using latest version of alcohol, at 2x write speed, using curerom, i choose program files/lucasarts/blah blah.. sweaw.exe, set it to W2000 compatibility, use Daemon tools, chose the alcohol burned image, and still... nothing. I know im not the first one, but if anyone has found a solution that yields 0% occurance of the original disk error, or if theres another thread that has the solution, could i get it? What didn't I do? thanks

Comment

Im really serious. When i say try and try again im not talking about trying 20 times, just try 2 3 o 4 times.

This is the way its works for me and im fine with it, and hope it helps other members, if you have a better solution just let us know.

Comment

in curerom in application settings i put C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\sweaw.exe
              and it worked.the first time i tried it i put C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\LaunchEAW.exe and that didnt work at all

Comment

Hi Everybody,

For 2 days i was trying to play star wars and none off the solution work for me

1 - DT4 with CureRom 1.3.1 (work 2 times)
                2 - AntiSecuRom (didnt work)
                3 - SecuROM_loader (didnt work)
                4 - Download CureRom profile (didnt work)
                5 - All combention in CureRoM (work 1 time)
                6 - load the image with DT + 10 sec to wait (work 2 times)
                8 - reInstall (didnt work)

I was receiving the message that the disc couldn´t be authetified

finaly i tried CnelBuendia solution and it work
                but as he said you need to try 4-5 times!!

Sorry for my English.

I Hope it helps somebody.
                Bye!

edit by NetSoerfer: Don't talk about cracks! You've read the rules when you signed up to the forums. Now abide by them!

Comment

Worked for me

Had to set the delay to 5 seconds, and set all emulation to always on, not daemon-tools default. But it works!

Comment

Now its not working

Hmm, now it stopped working...wtf. Heh it tells me disc not found. I don't get it

Comment

New patch 1.3, nothing works. Anyone get it?

Comment

anyone have a way to make EAW work after patch 1.03 is applied?

Comment

everything was hunky dori till patch v1.03

previously i was using DT4 and curerom1.3.1 with no issues, went first time everytime...
                          spent the last few hours hunting for a fix, it seams its stopped everyone in their tracks
                          if you find a way, drop me a line
                          swift01au@hotmail.com

Comment

here it says, when i try with antisecurom:
                            Original disc could not be found or authenticated.

GreetZ DePeer

Comment

i get the cant load security moduals thingy now since i updated to the 1.03 patch

Comment

I got kind of the same problem.
                                Different is i bought EAW, but everytime i want to play it i have to uninstall Daemontools.

I updated EAW to 1.03 and it works fine with Daemontools uninstalled, but i want it to run with Daemontools installed so i can load my other images etc.

I have this problem with more games i recently bought and this is frustrating.. when i download a game i can get it running without problems.. using a crack or whatever other tools needed.

And when i buy a game and want to play with original CD i got conflicts with software and other bs...
                                Ah well wrong forum to complain about that kind of things but... anyone a other idea how i could get EAW running and make it blind so it can't see my Daemontools?

I tried AntiSecuROM and CureROM but both ways EAW still refuses to run with Daemontools installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X