CureROM & Star Wars: Empire at War...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CureROM & Star Wars: Empire at War...

I don't seem to get any of these 2 to work. When I try to start Star Wars: Empire at War with CureROM it says the following:
    "Emulator detected!
    Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software."

and if I start it with SR7Stop it says:
    "A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed."
    They say that I should use CureROM so I'm quite sure I use CureROM the wrong way, so can someone make a short guide on how to use CureROM for me? I mount with Deamon Tools 4.

Originally Posted by fragbag
    I don't seem to get any of these 2 to work. When I try to start Star Wars: Empire at War with CureROM it says the following:
    "Emulator detected!

"A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed."
    They say that I should use CureROM so I'm quite sure I use CureROM the wrong way, so can someone make a short guide on how to use CureROM for me? I mount with Deamon Tools 4.
    yep,i have same problem,please write you expirience with the game.

Comment

It can work

There is a thread about this, and there are ways to make it work in General Copy Protections. Try there.

Comment

Quite weird, funny how most people have BlindWrite images, has any one whom owns a copy of the game tried to make an image in Alcohol 120% to see if it works?
        Mail:
        curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Originally Posted by fragbag
          "Emulator detected!

Funny, the game worked fine for me with CureRom, did you set it up for running under daemon-tools, or maybe you had it running off of the 'loader' exe instead of the actual games exe in the data sub-folder.

Comment

yes, I have done that and it doesn't work too

Comment

I cannot get it to work either, and I've tried a lot of those anti-security program. When I finally got the damn protection off the game, then it said that a security application couldn't be started, and then it would shut down.

Edit: Made CureRom work, but now I get the freaking "Original disc could not be found or authenticated", message.
              Last edited by SmileyMan; 20.02.2006, 00:46.

Comment

I was able to make it work with CureROM Lite (shortcut parameters shown "-lite -autoenable").

But then everything else was messed-up with Dameon Tools, and I couldn't re-install it. I had a bunch of strange bugs I simply did not have before installing CureROM.

So I just reformat and completely re-installed Windows.

My suggestion is to simply wait until the developers of the game find a way to fix the CD/DVD that refuses to start the game when you insert it in the drive (that's my current problem).

So right now I got the game right in front of me ... but I can't play it. Cool huh ? ... heh

I also heard that there is a working mini-image "floating around", but I have yet to find it. That's be the only way for me right now to actually play it.

Until an official fix is released I'm just screwed.

Comment

Try to mount the game inside curerom instead of mounting by daemon-tools first...

Comment

The Game works fine on my System with DT 4.03 and AntiSecuROM. No Problems at all.

Comment

[QUOTE=fragbag]
                      QUOTE]

Have you closed Sr7Stop after hiding virtual drives? It is very important that you close it because the message means that securom protection have found in memory sr7stop.exe.

Comment

The first error i get is this.

---------------------------
                        CureROM Error:
                        CureROM could not start its Anti-Blacklist measures.
                        Try restarting your computer, if this error persists please contact: curerom@gmail.com for further information.
                        OK

FOLLOWED BY:

CureROM Warning:
                        CureROM encountered an error while unloading its Anti-Blacklist measures, it is recommended that you restart your computer.
                        OK

I am the admin, i have restarted (this is version 1.3.1, 1.3b does the same thing) I've tried all different ways. Now..... why the hell does it work on other peoples systems and not on mine, is it to do with my hardware, software, installed system files what?!

Comment

Originally Posted by MKraft
                          The first error i get is this.

CureROM Error:
                          CureROM could not start its Anti-Blacklist measures.
                          Try restarting your computer, if this error persists please contact: curerom@gmail.com for further information.
                          OK

FOLLOWED BY:

CureROM Warning:
                          CureROM encountered an error while unloading its Anti-Blacklist measures, it is recommended that you restart your computer.
                          OK

I am the admin, i have restarted (this is version 1.3.1, 1.3b does the same thing) I've tried all different ways. Now..... why the hell does it work on other peoples systems and not on mine, is it to do with my hardware, software, installed system files what?!
                          yes i get that problem now. how can we get around that problem? :o

Comment

lol now i want to remove all that as i couldn't get it working with the image so i will run it off the cd now. How can i clean it all up as i get the "security measures" error as mentioned before in posts.

Comment

Ok guys, here is what I did to get mine to work, because I have had all the problems that you guys did. In the order that I did them:
                              1. Install SWEaW
                              2. Mount the backup in DTv4
                              3. Use the newest AntiSecuRom
                              4. Play from the actual game file located in \Program Files\Lucas Arts\Star Wars Empire at War\gamedata\
                              5.Had fun!

Just search google for ASR if you can't find it readily, which you should.

Comment

Working...
                              X