No announcement yet.

CureROM & Star Wars: Empire at War...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i got it working too. But i used the new Securom_Loader v1.2.

1.) Started the program
    2.) Select the eaw.exe
    3.) Image has to be mounted in Daemon
    4.) Have to wait for 30 secs. ( that's the drawback )
    5.) Game starts

The only thing that is annoying is that it takes so much time. This could be caused by my bad image. Any hints on how to make a good mdf file ? thx

Comment

Securom_Loader 1,2 only worked for me after the 1st launch, now i get the "conflict with emulation-software" error message again...... Curerom 2 beta only worked Once......

Comment

How to get Star wars to work with version 1.3

Use the new version of Curerom 2 (beta). I have renamed my curerom exe and re-associated the crp files and re-ran my previous profile with the same settings as before but with new anti - blacklist measures enabled.

Otherwise just mount the image using daemon tools version 4.0.3 and the new anti-securerom 1.2.

Very important is that a decent image needs to be created. I used Alcohol 120% and used the securerom new 4.x/5.x profile and selected my dpm at 2x. I have never used blindwrite so I am not sure if a blindwrite image can be used. If you get the disc cannot be authenticated it's either because the image is bad or the timeout is to short

PS: This is the second forum topic about Empire at war.

Comment

For the patch 1.3, how I can play? I need this patch for a main menu White Screen correction...

Comment

Use ASR 1.2 or CureROM 2.0 for antiblacklisting. You need an image created with Alcohol (good dpm needed).
            Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

i got mine to work just by mounting with daemon and i think i used a nocd/dvd patch aswell. works fine for me apart from when i completed it and my video card went all weird and i missed whateva happens at the end

Comment

Originally Posted by reece118
                i got mine to work just by mounting with daemon and i think i used a nocd/dvd patch aswell. works fine for me apart from when i completed it and my video card went all weird and i missed whateva happens at the end
                The point is to get a backup image working without using illegal fixes

Comment

reece118, please read the rules again and adhere to them. Should you violate them again you will be banned.
                  "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Well i got it working too. But i used the new Securom_Loader v1.2.

1.) Started the program
                    2.) Select the eaw.exe
                    3.) Image has to be mounted in Daemon
                    4.) Have to wait for 30 secs. ( that's the drawback )
                    5.) Game starts

The only thing that is annoying is that it takes so much time. This could be caused by my bad image. Any hints on how to make a good mdf file ? thx

The correct executable to use with Securom_Loader v1.2 is sweaw.exe .

Good image can be done with Alcohol but I'm afraid the start time will be important any way.

Olivier

Comment

Originally Posted by masteryoda34
                      Empire at War v1.03 is working with CureRom v2.0 (Beta) and Daemon Tools. I have tried this myself and it works, here's the method.

1. Get the CureRom 2.0 Beta and install it. http://www.curerom.net

2. Go to create a new profile.

3. On the first page use these settings. http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/8991/curerom12mb.jpg

4. And on the second page use these settings.

5. On the shortcut page choose whatever you want.

6. Click Finish.

Now use the shortcut that CureRom created and play the game.

Other: Do NOT check either "Unmount when finished." or the "Force Compatibility".
                      Okay I followed this almost to the letter, I installed my game somewhere else, and I was not able to get it to work.

One thing I noticed was that in the second image you have the options for whatever mounting program's default for the Securom and such, could you tell us what emulation settings your Daemon Tools had when you got it to work?

Does it matter which one it uses? I'm guessing all CureRom is doing with those boxes checked is forcing Daemon Tools to use its emulation software anyways.

Comment

The emulation options of DT are only when there is a physical disc in one of your physical drives.

When you have an image monted, DT select automaticaly what's needed.
                        Carpe diem

Comment

Well that's good to know, thanks.

Now, anyone have a clue as to how to get this to work with the 1.04 patch?

Comment

Now, anyone have a clue as to how to get this to work with the 1.04 patch?
                            Set the main exe in Windows 2000 compatibility mode and use Securom_loader V1.2

Have fun

Olivier

Comment

I didn't have to change my CureRom 2 profile at all to make it work with 1.04. Everything still works good for me.

Comment

I didn't have to change my CureRom 2 profile at all to make it work with 1.04. Everything still works good for me
                                Yes it works with CureRom 2, I just checked .

The trick I suggested is for Securom_loader V1.2 .

Olivier

Comment

Working...
                                X