toca 3 starforce 3.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sohman
    the only way i've managed to play toca 3 is by unplugging all optical drives, mount the image on DT4.03, with all emulation off.
    I don't think having all emulation options off makes a difference it's just unplugging the drives gets it working
    we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

If you are mounting an image no emulation will be required. The emualtions only are for backup cd's. When you mout an image DT will automatically emulate it.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
        If you are mounting an image no emulation will be required. The emualtions only are for backup cd's. When you mout an image DT will automatically emulate it.
        can you explain what you mean by backup cds? thanks
        we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

The RMPS emulation is needed if you burn the DPM onto a CD/DVD and want to get the game (normally Securom ans Starforce need the DPM) working, for mounting it's not required. The Safedisk, Securom and Laserlock emulation is only needed if you put an non 1:1 copy of a game into your drive. A non 1:1 copy is for example a game which was copied/backed up with nero or by copying the files onto your hdd and then burn them as a Data CD.
          So the Safedisk, Securom and Laserlock emualtion is nearly "never" required. Only if you put in a non 1:1 copy of a game which use this protection. Additionally the emulations are very old, so they only works with old Safedisk, Securom and Lasrlock versions.
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
            The RMPS emulation is needed if you burn the DPM onto a CD/DVD and want to get the game (normally Securom ans Starforce need the DPM) working, for mounting it's not required. The Safedisk, Securom and Laserlock emulation is only needed if you put an non 1:1 copy of a game into your drive. A non 1:1 copy is for example a game which was copied/backed up with nero or by copying the files onto your hdd and then burn them as a Data CD.
            So the Safedisk, Securom and Laserlock emualtion is nearly "never" required. Only if you put in a non 1:1 copy of a game which use this protection. Additionally the emulations are very old, so they only works with old Safedisk, Securom and Lasrlock versions.
            What you say makes complete sense, I appreciate you explaining that, your one smart dude, thanks

Comment

I have no problem running toca 3 without unplugging.

Disabled pata controller in device manager
              Clicked disable node in Sfn.

Runs on Nforce4 for me ok.

It is an awesome game, now i just need an unlocker so i can play more race modes online

Comment

its not working here with nforce 4 , im in RAID too , maybe its the RAID ...

anybody have idea ?

Comment

there is no solution yet. i am very sure the RAID is guilty for this

Comment

I can run the game without unplugging or disablaling the IDE Controler.
                    Is just made in Image with Alcohol and use the dpm from copybase.ch

I mount the image in D-Tools 4.03 and everthing works fine.
                    No other tools

Mainboard
                    ASRock K7s8xe+

Comment

I can play the game without unplugging or disabeling the IDE Interface.

I just made a backup with Alcohol and use the dpm from copybase.ch

I just mount the image in Alcohol 4.03 and it runs without any other tools.

Mainboard
                      ASROCK K7S8XE+

Comment

Makes sense. I have one 250gig sata 2 h.d running in jbod from the nforce controller and the game works fine. Maybe raid is to blame

Contrary to my previous post i just have to disable the controller, the sfn step isn't neccesary as it was with X3.

Comment

i have found a way to play with the raid , i have put the image on my external usb drive and i have mount the image and its working . you just need to put the image on a external drive or if you dont have one maybe you can burn the .mds and the . mdf on a data dvd ...

Comment

Its Definately a RAID issue!!!

Hi,
                            I'd just like to add that i have an Nforce sli with Nvidia and Silicon image SATA raid ports on my board (Optical drives 1 & 2 are still connected via 80way ATA ribbon cables though).
                            I had no end of trouble running this one, I was even going to try converting http://i12.my Optical Liteon DVD/RW and DVD Rom drives to SATA via two IDE to SATA dongles i have.
                            Then i thought, why not try just copying the image (MDS/MDF) to one of my three external USB2.0 Hard drives (connected via a USB extension and externally powered), and Bingo, It worked fine via DTools 4.03HE with the .Parralell ATA Port Disabled in Device Manager - No need to use SF blocking http://i12.photobucsoftware such as Starforce Nightmare....
                            I'm Chuffed as Chips now!
                            I'm pretty sure depending on your Cmos /Bios options , If you have setup your hard disks via RAID, you can just have a single SATA or spanned drives with no RAID function instead, although this'll mean a format of your system of course.

[IMG]photobucket.com/albums/a208/baron210/Picture003.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]com/albums/a208/baketron210/Sucess.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Raid Sata Nforce 3 Working.. If..

Sample just mount the img from a shared HD of ur network ..

Working fine.

1: Copy TOCA3 img on a HD of ur network. (Shared HD whatever)

2: Load the TOCA3 img with DeamonTool latest ver.

3: Start the game.

Wasnt working before because i used SATA RAID(Nforce3).

Working right away without any other tool then deamon.

Enjoy!

Comment

Work Around for RAID..

External USB HD or COPY the img on a network HD .. and mount it from there.

I wasnt able to play before because im using RAID(nforce3) dunno why. i just copied the img over a shared hd of another computer and mounted it. Working fine now.

Enjoy..

Comment

Working...
                                X