toca 3 starforce 3.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

i have unpluged my DVDrw drive, disabled my onboard raid and mounted toca image with DT 4.03HT with no luck

toca starts and checks disk and then complains thats its not a licenced disk, It then offers to recheck the disk and if i wanted i can put a diff serial key in ?

Anybody got any ideas ?

Thanks

Schoon

Comment

Can't get Toca 3 to work...tried about everything mentioned here. Tried the DPM from copybase.ch nothing, disabled p-ata in both bios and device manager again nothing. Copied the image to another network HDD nothing again. Disabled node with Nightmare and Disabled CD again nothing. Tried the different emulations in Daemon Tools 4.03 again nothing.

Since I'm not keen on pulling the cables of my optical devices and do not have a external hdd on USB are there any other options???

Comment

Well none of your suggestions have worked for me so far. I have done everything bar physically disconnecting my Optical drive, which I am not going to be doing any time soon.

I have an NForce 2 Ultra system with no additional IDE or SATA raid or any other controller. So I can't disable the IDE controller.

Any other suggestions ?

Cheers

GingerNinja

Comment

Originally Posted by darkw01f
          External USB HD or COPY the img on a network HD .. and mount it from there.

I wasnt able to play before because im using RAID(nforce3) dunno why. i just copied the img over a shared hd of another computer and mounted it. Working fine now.

Enjoy..
          darkw01f, do i have to disable the ide drives to play?

Comment

finally I have found a solution. today i borrow a ata hard disk from a friend, I have unplugged my optical drives and toca 3 works perfect

Comment

Originally Posted by Schoon
              Hello

i have unpluged my DVDrw drive, disabled my onboard raid and mounted toca image with DT 4.03HT with no luck

toca starts and checks disk and then complains thats its not a licenced disk, It then offers to recheck the disk and if i wanted i can put a diff serial key in ?

Anybody got any ideas ?

Thanks

Schoon
              How did you create your image?
              Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Will the image work if it only has an mdf file? I don't seem to have a mds file.

Comment

Then the procedure should be this:

1. Unplug cd drive or disable IDE controller
                  2. Mount TOCA3 image with the last DTools version (emulation ON)
                  3. Play

Is it correct?

Comment

It's correct but you don't need any emulations.
                    Just unplug your drives then mount the image with DT 4, very easy isn't it?
                    You also need a good image made with Alcohol 120% and the dpm option enabled.
                    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Same Problem.

Originally Posted by felixxx2
                      finally I have found a solution. today i borrow a ata hard disk from a friend, I have unplugged my optical drives and toca 3 works perfect
                      I have the same issue as felixx. I too have an nForce4 motherboard (asus) with Raid 0 SATA hard drives. Using DT with even removing the IDE cable to the motherboard for the CD-rom, did NOT work.

So it seems, for whatever reason, those of us that run high end SATA Rigs with Raid 0 on nForce are screwed for the time being.

Felix, were you saying, just the presence of an old fashoined IDE drive made Toca work? I assume you left your SATA Raid setup as is and are using that as your primary partition.

Comment

so the things are very simple :I borrow this ata hard ,plugged it in my computer, moved the image of toca3 on it, unplugged my optical drives and everything works perfect. i boot as usually from my raid(no windows installed on the new ata hard disk)

Comment

I'm using a portable pc so i can't unplug my ide!! what can i do??

Comment

Got a network cable (crossover for computer to comuter) and a really old computer or any other computer? If so, plug them together and share the image over the network.

Try going into your device manager and disabling RAID controllers (if there is one and if its not used) and the cdrom drive restart and try again.

Image made through alcohol 120% daemon tools 4.03.

This is everything Ive read about without altering the system physically!

Hope this helps

Regards

Jon bartlam

Comment

Daemon 4.0.3.0 = Alcohol 1.9.5.3823 !!!

Just for info!

I Tried the last build of the Alcohol 120 % progy and
                              Its working with all my games! without any problem at all!
                              My IDE drive is NOT connected for the simple reason that i don't have one! ( broke couple of weeks ago )

My list!
                              - Toca 3 ( SF 3.7 )
                              - Toca 2 ( SF 3.? )
                              - Colin Mc Rae 05 ( SF 3.4 )
                              - Gt Legends ( SF 3.6 )
                              - Prince of Persia 2 Trones ( SF 3.6 )
                              - Sims 2 ( Safedisk )
                              - Tiger Woods 06 ( safedisk )
                              - NBA Live 06 ( ? )

I only have alcohol installed at the moment ! I prefer the fact that you can mount or unmount with a simple right click on the drive !!! ( i wish daemon had this feature !! )

A soon has i buy a new Burner, i will try with the drive plugged in!

Hope it works for you !
                              http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

i also have an nforce4 board and 2 s-ata drives @ onboard-raid0.
                                same problem here, doesn't work, and oh btw, alcohol doesn't work either ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X