toca 3 starforce 3.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toca 3 starforce 3.7

i remember someone on here talking about starforce 3.7 and the stalin subway knowing about optical drives on an ide raid controller and not running without unplugging the optical drives from the controller as well,

Well, i got a hold of TOCA race driver 3 and it's starforce 3.7.13.00 and it no longer works from ide controller without either unplugging the drives or going into the device manager and disabling the controller.

POPt2t, king kong and all other starforce, securom, and safedisk games work but toca 3 knows the drives are on the controller.

I have SIL6080A pci ide controller ata133
    we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

bad news ...toca 3 didn't work also for me. i have tried all the methods I know(disable pata from device manager,unplugging the optical drives, i have use sf nightmare,curerom,sr7 stop,etc) but the result is the same
    i have a nforc4 sli chipset and raid.somebody find the way to succes ?
    Last edited by felixxx2; 21.02.2006, 17:16.

Comment

For me it works with unplugging the drives.
      I used DT 4.03 and i've an intel mobo.
      Deactivating don't work since SF 3.5 and with SF 3.7 it's the same.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

it works for me too, even without opening my case.
        Both my harddisks are SATA en only my DVD-ROM and DVD-RW are on IDE (P-ATA). I have no RAID or something. I just have to disable P-ATA in my BIOS when I'm booting and the game works just fine...
        (and believe me, the game is superb)

mobo: MSI 865PE Neo2
        proc: PIV 3.0 (HT enabled)
        mem: 1.0 gig DDR400 CAS 2.5 (4x 256MB in dual channel)

Comment

works with some probs

Normally all games work with my setup :

1 ide - 1sata harddisk
          1 ide dvd drive on a si0680 ultra ata raid

As i do not have any optical drives on a IDE channel, all stuff works. Except toca3. This keeps asking to insert the disk into another drive.

Only when i disable the raid card in the device manager, toca3 starts with the DT4 image. Really weird as the real optical drive is normally also listed as a scsi device; because of the pci-raid adapter where it's on.

Is starforce getting smarter and also finding pci cards now ?

Comment

the game is truly superb
            we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

It is also working for me.I have nforce4 MB and only optical drives on the IDE controller.I just disable controller in device manager , mount image in daemon tools and play.

Comment

is there somebody with nforce4 sli chipset and raid who have succes with toca3? I have no idea about what else to try to make it works

Comment

What sort of message do you get?Is it the insert disk in other drive or the other complaining that the key does not correspond to the disk inserted?

Comment

'failed to identify the disc in the drive.insert a licensed disc'

Comment

@felixxx2: How did you create your image?

Comment

@felixxx2: How did you create your image? Maybe you need to make a new one. Use Alcohol, set DPM to high ( Starforce drivers must not be installed ), unplug optical drives, mount images, install, try to play.

Comment

Does the NForce 3/4 Bug allready exist in SF 3.7?

Comment

Yes it is working.I have nforce4 MB and Toca race driver 3 is working from backup for me.

Comment

the only way i've managed to play toca 3 is by unplugging all optical drives, mount the image on DT4.03, with all emulation off.

Comment

Working...
                              X