Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Star Wars Empire At War JUST WONT WORK!

New User

Lächeln

Maybe image is bad?

Anyway I mount cd 1 with DT 4.03HE and use sr7stop to hide and the game works.

Default Empire @ War

Hi!

I've read through the forum to get it starting and I've tried it all (unpluged optical drives, install and uninstall both DT / nero / alcohol, tried both Curerom 1.31 and all the other tools).

But for me it didn't work as for many of you.

Then I noticed something rather strange in my ADSL modem, two ports where opened (ehr, like 15xxx something) but I know they wheren't before. I closed them and shut off the UPnP. Guess what, Empire@war started!
    That was yesterday, today I tried again and it didn't start. I had to tell my soft firewall (zonealarm) to not let anything out (well, more or less) and then it worked again.

So I think the game connects to them for new securitychecks. Securitychecks they probably make after reading forums like this (like they figure out how we get around the copy protection and find ways to stop it).

It would be fun to hear if others can get it started this way.

Anyway, good luck!

There's also a new SecuromLoader version available, V1.1

You can find it at the download section

New User

My only problem is how to make a good image and wich format I should use (I have the DVD) ISO, MDS/MDF, ... ?

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
    There's also a new SecuromLoader version available, V1.1

You can find it at the download section
    Cool!
    What are the changes?

Edit: It accepts parameters now, so no more need for ASAutoloader.

Edit2: Doesn't work here for Star Wars Empire at War. The game starts and quits immediately. And now ASAutoloader also doesn't work anymore. Only the oldfashion way works (manually selecting the exe to run).

Edit3: Ok I figured it out. AntisecuROM.exe and the dll file need to be in the same directory as the game's exe file. So I guess the problem was the working directory. Now it works great, even in combination with DaemonScript And I'm also done editing this post (I hope )
    Last edited by Reef : 22.02.2006 at 20:42

New User

i tried to run EAW of my image. now i want to run it off the cd as i couldn't get the image to work. How can i get around the 'security error' when it still comes up.

Use the Securom Loader (AntisecuROM) from the download section.
    Mount your image (needs to be an Alcohol image with DPM Info) and sart the Securom Loader, choose the game exe file and press ok. The game will start.

Ok, had this game for a few days now, curerom 1.2.2 worked until i moved the file, then i had to reinstall the game and curerom worked again after 1 hour of messing around, next time it dosent (original disc could not be found or authenticated message)
    Securerom worked last time i used it (once) now it dosent (same error) now it works one more time because i ran securerom directly from rar file
    anyone know whether EAW has a detector that disables these things after one use???

Experienced User

That error means your image has bad DPM. Try to make a new image with DPM at high precision and at low speed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast