Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Act Of War

New User

Default Act Of War

I have the dual layer dvd version, with Securom v5. Is there anything that will let me make a 1:1 copy as of yet? I found a 1 year old thread on this, but considering that was back in 2005, it's not really very helpful.

Master

Have you tried the latest version of Alcohol? Many improvements have been made in reading DPM from DL discs.

New User

Yeah, if build 4327 is the latest.

Sorry for my naiveness, but does DPM allow copying of previously un-copyable protections, like a generic method?

I tried the Alcohol image, either it was blacklisted, or it just was plain and simple not a 1:1 copy.

I had trouble mounting with Blindwrite though, and in a previous thread, I remember someone making a working image of the dual layer AOW...

When I try the Alcohol image, I get "Error, DVD not found" or whatever, no "Emulation software detected" or anything.

Master

"DVD not found" or "Unable to authenticate original"? I ask because if it's the latter, then that means your image just isn't good enough. If you want, you can send the MDS file (the small one) to me at Jito463 @ gmail.com and I'll look at it to see if it's good or not.

New User

It's the "DVD not found" error. Is this by any chance, a Securom blacklisting of the image?

Can Alcohol 120% copy it properly yet?
    I hate ruining brand spanking new dvds...

Also, why is it taking forever for my posts to appear?
    Last edited by agreed : 31.08.2006 at 10:50

Use Alcohol and make an image with Data Postion Measurement enabled with high precision.
    If its not working you also can try some antiblacklisting tools like SR7STop/Pr0tSt0p, Securom Loader or CureROM.
    But first you can send it to Jito463 to look if its good enough.
    This forum is moderated, so your posts won't show up immediately (only for users with less than 20 posts).

New User

Thanks, I think I'll send the image file when I have time to do so.

How is Virtual CD for this type of thing? (The program)

Master

Virtual CD is a virtual drive software, but not with emulation. It doesn't handle copy protections. If you send the file, remember to send only the small MDS file, not the large MDF file.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Well, Act of War does work with VirtualCD 7 Jito463.

New User

Alright, it's official.

I just made a 1:1 copy of the dual layer dvd (safedisc 5) in Virtual CD v8. Works perfectly. I just used every single reading option it would let me, including geometry data. Hooray!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast