No announcement yet.

Star Wars Empire At War JUST WONT WORK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Empire At War JUST WONT WORK!

Hi to all on the boards!

I have made an image CD of SW-EAW using Alcohol 120 1.95.

I have tried to run the game with Cure ROM 1.3.1 with and without using Daemon Tools 4.03HE.

I have tried to use SecuROM Loader in conjunction with and without CureRom 1.3.1

I have tried Windows 2000 compatibility mode on the sweaw.exe file.

No matter what I try, when I try to run the game I get the error "Original Disc could not be found or authenticated".

Can anyone suggest something? I've read through 7 pages in the other thread and none of the suggestions listed there helped.

all you need to do is unstall your cd rom thru windows device maanager and mount whala works hope this helps

Comment

Even this is not needed. Only start the Game using AntiSecuROM (Not CureROM!). Works fine.

Comment

I try to post new threads, but they don't work.

Anyways, I used CureRom and DTv4, didn't work. I tried AntiBlaxx, since it was mentioned. Didn't work. But I had no idea how to use those programs, so I need help on those (step by step guides would be good).

The thing is, I rebooted after that, and all my drive letters were changed! How do I change them back to how they were before? Now whenever I try to open EaW it says "<path>LaunchEaW.exe cannot be found. Blah Blah Blah". I need to make the letters the original ones.

Comment

the procedure entry point _BinkDX9SurfaceType@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll

error Entry Point not found.

what the hell does that mean? And how can i fix it?

that is when i run AntiSecuROM.exe

Comment

Make the Game exe run in Compatibly Mode win200 and try again.
            You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Hi there, i have just managed to get it to work so felt i should register and pass it on.

I have tried EVERYTHING listed. Nothing works.

BUT using cureROM lite and the newest DT. Thats it, simple eh? it's taken me the best part of 3 hours to get it working. If it works for you too please pass the info on

Comment

Originally Posted by Mystique
                Make the Game exe run in Compatibly Mode win200 and try again.
                lol you will have to dumb it down for a n00b like me. please explain.

Comment

To get a game into Compatibly Mode win200 you need to right-click on the exe file sweea.exe and choose properities. There you can see compatibly at the top choose this and then enable the compatibly mode and choose win 2000.
                  Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I'm currently using a combination of SecuRom Loader 1.0 and Daemon Tools.

I mounted a full image of my original CD-1 with DT, and that's it.

It works well.

Comment

Comment

Maybe image is bad?

Anyway I mount cd 1 with DT 4.03HE and use sr7stop to hide and the game works.

Comment

Empire @ War

Hi!

I've read through the forum to get it starting and I've tried it all (unpluged optical drives, install and uninstall both DT / nero / alcohol, tried both Curerom 1.31 and all the other tools).

But for me it didn't work as for many of you.

Then I noticed something rather strange in my ADSL modem, two ports where opened (ehr, like 15xxx something) but I know they wheren't before. I closed them and shut off the UPnP. Guess what, Empire@war started!
                          That was yesterday, today I tried again and it didn't start. I had to tell my soft firewall (zonealarm) to not let anything out (well, more or less) and then it worked again.

So I think the game connects to them for new securitychecks. Securitychecks they probably make after reading forums like this (like they figure out how we get around the copy protection and find ways to stop it).

It would be fun to hear if others can get it started this way.

Anyway, good luck!

Comment

There's also a new SecuromLoader version available, V1.1

You can find it at the download section

Comment

My only problem is how to make a good image and wich format I should use (I have the DVD) ISO, MDS/MDF, ... ?

Comment

Working...
                              X