• Show
Clear All

• Mount an image inside another image

Operating System: WinXP, SP2
    Burning Software: Nero 7.0.5.4.
    Anti-virus Software: AVG
    DAEMON Tools Version: 4.0.3 X86

I don’t know if is a bug what happened to me:
    I’ve mounted an image file, called “A-image”, that contains another image inside, called “B-image”. I’ve tried to mount the B-image on the virtual drive that was mounting the A-image. Daemon unmounts the A-image, so obviously, the B-image was no more available and for this reason the daemon tools locked itself on the “please wait…” message. It has been necessary to restart windows (not reset) to solve the problem. I hope to have express the problem clearly, thanks for this wonderful program! Anubi
    Last edited by Anubi; 06.03.2006, 16:07.

I don't have tested this yet, but when mount the B-image on the virtual drive that is mounting the A-image then the B-Image isn't present on this location anymore because DT unmounted the A-Image before mounting the B-Image. So DT can't mount the image and lock itself.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I use 4 virtual drives instead of only one as default.
      In this case, i can easily mount images from inside other images.
      DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

Originally Posted by rip_pit
        I use 4 virtual drives instead of only one as default.
        In this case, i can easily mount images from inside other images.
        i'm using 2 virtual drive but when i try to mount the B-image on the second drive the sistem look-up...

Comment

Right, more drives than one is the solution for this problem!
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Also if d-tools is set to only use one drive, a small msgbox could be made to popup saying, "This image resides inside the currently mounted image. Please enable more than one virtual drive for successful mounting of nested image files." or something similar....
            Just an idea for v4.04... :P
            SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

Come on - can you insert 2 cds into the same real cd drive? So why is there a message required to tell you the obvious?
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                Come on - can you insert 2 cds into the same real cd drive? So why is there a message required to tell you the obvious?
                I actually agree with u....
                I myself dont make images of images....
                But if people insist on doing these strange things... why not have a msg popup to tell them not to?
                SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

I want to mount an image in an image in an image in an image in an image in an image. Why won't this work?

Comment

True, but when I try to place my second real CD into the closed tray I am physically stopped from doing so unless I hit the eject button.

With a VCD we of course have no physical barrier to mounting a second CD into a VCD with a CD already in it. The software does not make any effort to stop us from doing this so why shouldn't the user try?

Just my thoughts.

Comment

I have 2 virtual drive say H: and I:, on H: i mount c:\image1.mds.
                      Then on H: i have a lot of file and also H:\image2.mds.
                      If I try to mount on I: (the second virtual drive) the H:\image2.mds (from the first virtual drive) the system hang up.
                      This is the problem!

Comment

holy sh!t. what a huge problem...
                        why dont u extract the 2nd image from the 1st?!?!
                        My sysProfile!

Comment

Why do you have an image in an image?

Sounds like this russian doll. The doll in the doll in the doll in the doll in the...

Comment

Originally Posted by LooDos
                            holy sh!t. what a huge problem...
                            why dont u extract the 2nd image from the 1st?!?!
                            because I don't always want to copy 2/3GB (the second image) for copying after 4/5MB of file that are inside of it...

Comment

Originally Posted by DomiOh
                              Why do you have an image in an image?

Sounds like this russian doll. The doll in the doll in the doll in the doll in the...
                              for bypass the 2GB for file limit of DVD file system...

Comment

Working...
                              X