Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STILL can't see or access virtual drives.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have the exact same problem, I can't see them anywhere. I only have Nero 6 and Alcohol 120% installed, the older version worked fine before, but now this new version is buggering about. Alcohol 120% refuses to show the drives even though it says they is installed as well.

I'm going to try some things recommended here, although I doubt they will work.

Adam

Comment

either can i ... it installes the virtual drivers correctly, by does not install the drive letter [ ] is empty...

please help...

i made the installation only on a clean copy of xp, nothing else installed...

Comment

Same problem, can't see new virtual drives

Operating System: XP Pro
        Burning Software: none
        Anti-virus Software: norton 2003 pro
        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.3

I too have tried the same solution that have been give, and I too still can not get Daemon tools to show a new drive letter in my computer explorer. So therefore I can not access any ISO I mount. Remove nero, done that, set 0 drives and back to 1, done that. basicly everything suggested I've tried with no luck. since there seems to be several more people with this same problem a difi :evil: nitive solution should be acquired so that the users of daemon won't be sent off to perform changes to their system needleesly.

Comment

Verify that virtual CDROM works correctly in Device manager - it must have at least cdrom.sys, storprop.dll and redbook.sys installed in driver panel.
          If not - set driver to standard CDROM manually, it is in cdrom.inf supplied with OS.

Comment

I have the fix for the no drive letter seen after installing Daemon tools

OK everybody here's what you do to fix the problem of not seeing any of the virtual dives on My Computer explorer after installing Daemon Tools, You ready, Re-install Windows (Repair) Apparently what happen in my case, a bin fileset was still mounted on daemon even though I unmounted it. Daemon didn't show this file set as being there any more but it was still there. Re-installing Windows (repair not format and installl) did the trick and when Windows finished and restarted the first this I did was open Daemon and the fileset I thought was unmounted was there monuted. So there you have it, give it a try it worked for me and it should work for the rest of you. Besides it's good to do a reinstall every 3-6 months anyway. Oh by the way I am running Windows XP Pro in case anyone wanted to know. 8)

Comment

Originally Posted by byb3
              i have the exact same problem, I can't see them anywhere. I only have Nero 6 and Alcohol 120% installed, the older version worked fine before, but now this new version is buggering about. Alcohol 120% refuses to show the drives even though it says they is installed as well.

I'm going to try some things recommended here, although I doubt they will work.

Adam
              Re-install (repair) windows, that will fix it!!!

Comment

Same problem, no virtual drives.

Operating System: Windows xp pro sp1
                Burning Software: Nero 60015, EZCD 61117, Blind write 44065
                Anti-virus Software: Kaspersky, not autoloaded.
                DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33

I also have no virtual drives. They are listed in Device Manager, but not explorer. Both under CD/DVD drives and SCSI/RAID.
                But, I have the same problem with Nero drive Image, Alcohol 120%, and Game Dive pro.
                No, I do not have them all running at once. I checked them to see if the same problem existed in all.
                I have checked out other forums, a number of people have the same complaint about the various software.
                They all seem to have different configurations, software wise.
                I have not tried re-install, it looks as if it could turn into a major hassle.

Comment

Verify which drivers windows has installed for virtual CDROM - the drivers mentioned above are mandatory.

Comment

Verify which drivers windows has installed for virtual CDROM - the drivers mentioned above are mandatory.

Mandatory for Dameon tools or for all the programs mentioned?
                    If there is some type of hidden conflict, that would explain why all the others have the same problem.
                    Could it have been one of the Microsoft updates, that caused this? Alcohol 120% had been working fine, then boom no virtual drive. When I started researching I found the same problem with other programs. I tested myself, in hopes that maybe it was just an Alcohol problem. It wasn't.
                    Each of the programs I list have the same virtual drive problem. Drive exists in Device Manager, but not in Explorer, and can't be used.
                    I also get the feeling that it is using my burner as device 0, instead of creating a virtual device.
                    And, how ( using the cdrom.inf ) do you manually set a cdrom?
                    Thanks

Comment

Thank You Venom

Venom, you were right.
                      I went into device manager, right clicked the virtual drive, selected properties, driver tab, update driver, install from list or specific location, Don't search I will chose driver to install, standard cdrom drives, from model cdrom drive, clicked next, and it installed the drivers you mentioned. Had a virtual drive after that.
                      Do you know if it is possible, or necessary, to use any of the other choices?
                      There are around ten, with things like force cdda accurate, force imapi disable,
                      and various imapi settings like 0 to 5 or 1 to five.
                      Thanks again.

Comment

Operating System: WINXP
                        Burning Software: nero was, but removed to try and fix
                        Anti-virus Software: nil
                        DAEMON Tools Version: any, all do the same thing

i have the exact same problem
                        i checked my driver tab, and all 3 files were installed correctly
                        any other ideas guys? im desperate

Comment

Try to reinstall the CDROM driver as described above. Normally you should use standard CDROM driver. other choices will not have much difference though. IMAPI settings are of no importance too as virtual drive is not a burning device.

Comment

yeah i tried reinstalling the drivers
                            nothing, same prob

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP
                              Burning Software: Nero 5.5.72
                              Anti-virus Software: n/a
                              DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

I'm trying to install DT 3.41 on a friends computer right now. Like the problem here, no drive letter appears (in the daemon tools popup menu, it just shows Device 0: [ ] No media).

I've tried setting it to 0 devices, and back to 1. As soon as I set it to 0 device (aka disable all) it asks me to reboot. So I do so, and as soon as I get back in, I set it back to 1. Again, it asks to reboot and I do. And I just get the same thing - no drive letter.

There also is no virtual cd-rom device listed in device manager. I have the ST3SHARK SCSI Controller (driver version 3.41.0.0);

but the only things listed under DVD/CD-ROM drives are the two physical drives he has.

Any ideas?
                              Adam

Comment

Originally Posted by Cabadam
                                Operating System: Windows XP
                                Burning Software: Nero 5.5.72

I'm trying to install DT 3.41 on a friends computer right now. Like the problem here, no drive letter appears (in the daemon tools popup menu, it just shows Device 0: [ ] No media).
                                Check "Other Devices". If you have the device there, manually fix it using these steps:

Right click on the device - update driver.
                                "Advanced" / Do not search, I will choose the driver.
                                Select device type CD/DVD ROM Drive

It will come back and say "No compatible drivers found". Well, DUH, that's why I'm doing this manually. Shut up, stupid MS, and let me work!

OK, now click "Have Disk". Browse to "C:\Windows\INF\cdrom.inf, select it.
                                It will churn for a bit and then give you a LONG list of compatible device drivers. Choose "CD-ROM Drive". (The force CDDA accurate option might also work -- didn't try it. You don't need any of the IMAPI driver versions because this is not a burner.)

Once this is done, you should have a "real" drive that will show up under device manager in the proper spot, and under disk management as well.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X