Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Making WoW run faster?

umm... How do I pull up all the system stats?
    lol

and after seeing it would you be able to tell me what I need?

also would a new video card make it run any faster?

Master

504MB of RAM? I sincerely hope that doesn't mean what it sounds like. Unless that was a typo, that would mean you have onboard video using 8MB of system RAM. I can't believe you'd even get 17FPS with that.

heres the picture of my stats
    Last edited by Jaguar4105 : 02.03.2006 at 06:35

Master

Go to Hardware -> Device Manager and post what it says under Display Adapter (just type it out, no need to post a picture). I think you have onboard video, which is pathetic for playing games with. If you do have onboard video, the guy that told you that computer would get 40fps average in WoW was smoking something funny.

Default alright

Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller

p.s. If I bought 2x 512 mb of ram and a new graphics card, that would help the speed of the game right?

Experienced User

You first need to check what kind of memory you need and how many empty slots are available.
    And also check if your motherboard has a slot for a graphics card (AGP or PCI-E), as not all motherboards with onboard VGA have such a slot.

Default k

well thanks for all the information

and by the way even though this computer may have a crappy graphics card or w.e ur talking about, It seems to be running quite well, It's only about 1 1/2 years old now

And its still working fine, before we bought it, the guy who made it also said he could make it into the ultimate gaming machine if needed, so I'm sure we will be able to put a new graphics card into it because I talked to him about it once I think.

thanks again though

Master

Yes, if you added a decent video card (don't go lower than a GeForce 6200 bare minimum) and added more RAM, you'd have a decent system there to play WoW with. That is providing - of course - that you have an AGP slot to add a decent video card.

Experienced User

Every PC can be converted into an ultimate gaming machine, just remove everything inside and replace it with better (more expensive) hardware.
    It's just a matter of how much money you want to spend on it.

Don't just believe everything a PC salesman tells you. People who don't know much about hardware are an easy target for them. I wouldn't be surprised if you payed way too much money for your PC.
    Last edited by Reef : 03.03.2006 at 15:02

I'd say a Radeon 9200 or a Geforce 6200 will work (9200 for sure at 1024X768 no AA. )
    But the RAM, YES! You really Really need more. That prog likes 1gb to 1.5gb, don't believe what the box says.
    Both of thoes will make it a much nice running game.

edit: You could try to increase the amount of system ram your int. video uses, usually from within the BIOS, to see if that will help at all.
    Last edited by Chiefnuts : 08.03.2006 at 18:00
    It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. -Ferris Bueller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast