Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Making WoW run faster?

Default ok

Sorry I havent got back to ya guys, but I don't really think the man who sold us our computer tryed to rip us off. Hes a friend of my mom and the computer was actually pretty cheap

anyways...

I'm going to try and find one of those graphic cards and upgrade my RAM

hopefully this works ^.^

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar4105
    Alright, I made the images of all 5 discs for World of Warcraft
    and I put them in a folder I named virtual drive which is now located in "My Computer."

but I dont know what to do now... so I can get the game running faster

someone help me please
    a friend mine said try running it through a server like funtime phsyiciatric ward he said it works great

Quote Originally Posted by bob davison
    a friend mine said try running it through a server like funtime phsyiciatric ward he said it works great
    Sorry I havent been here to respond in a while, but what exactly is funtime phsyiciatric ward and how do I work it?

Thanks.
    -Tyler

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar4105
    Sorry I havent been here to respond in a while, but what exactly is funtime phsyiciatric ward and how do I work it?

Thanks.
    -Tyler
    I just googled and it looks like that's the name of a private WOW server.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Default What you need to buy

Even if you just buy a graphics card it would be an improvement. The onboard controller you got is an Intel POS. Intel should stick to making Boards and leave the G-cards to the professionals in imo. But yeah for gaming at least a GIG of memory would be advisable.
    Any Nvidia or ATI, even if its an old one, would be an improvement.
    Not trying to say the sales guy was trying to screw you, its just that the Intel controller "works" but once you put in a proper g-card you will see what you've been missing, detail in games and how nice the textures actually can look

Default eh sounds good

I don't think I have anymore questions..

thanks everyone, and Rustason

512 MB Should be plenty to run WoW....
    You would probably gain a couple of fps by upgrading to 1GB of RAM...
    But my advice would be to upgrade your video card... This should dramatically increase the speed of WoW, and also allow you to turn the detail settings up a bit.
    The cost of a card capable of running WoW ranges anywhere from US$150 to around US$700.
    I would probably recommend an nVidia Geforce 6600GT at the moment, as these offer very good performance for a relatively low cost. (In comparison with latest generation high-end video cards.)
    And they are available in both PCI-E and AGP flavours. (Consult your mainboard manual to find out what kind of video slot you have.)
    They usually go for around US$200-$250 depending on the brand you choose. Most brands are much the same, with the main difference being in the bundled software, and pretty box.
    Try for an Albatron if you can find one, as they offer a good quality card at a great price.
    Last edited by AmphetaMarinE : 05.05.2006 at 10:49

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by AmphetaMarinE
    512 MB Should be plenty to run WoW....
    For WoW I would recommend at least 1 GB. If you only have 512 MB and you enter one of the big cities (or any other crowded place), then you can barely move.
    I experienced the same thing with other MMORPG's, seems like these games are big memory hogs.

Experienced User

I do agree... EQ2 with 1.5 GB can be really slow if in crowded place...
    Carpe diem

Default sounds great

yeah hopefully this all pays off
    thanks again

-Tyler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123