Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making WoW run faster?

Alright, I made the images of all 5 discs for World of Warcraft
    and I put them in a folder I named virtual drive which is now located in "My Computer."

but I dont know what to do now... so I can get the game running faster

someone help me please

With which program and settings did you create your images. Please scan the protection of the discs using A-Ray Scanner (use google).
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

DAEMON Tools isn't usually the answer for game speed problems. It may help a little bit though especially if you're prompted to change discs.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

You can only install the game faster using DT. There is no need for any CD in your drive when playing the game (because you can't play without a real account/cd-key), so there's nothing DT can do to speed up the game.
        Your only solution would be to upgrade your PC's hardware.

Comment

like nearly all MMORPGs you don't need the CDs or DVDs... You can even download the game from their servers (at least EQ, EQ2, AO... maybe it's the same for WoW)
          And, if you want the game to run faster, three possibilities (at least) :
          - as said Reef upgrade your comp
          - or lower the graphic details (WoW doesn't have the EQ2 reqs)
          - maybe change your net connection or try to get the latency lowered...
          Carpe diem

Comment

The most important hardware factor for wow is RAM.
            My system
            Boycott Starforce!
            Wiederstand ist zwecklos! Ihr Assis werdet miliert!

Comment

lol

Well alright, thanks for the information

I was just told If I made images of the disc and then created a virtual drive of somesort or whatever and run it from there, It would run faster.

Currently on WoW my avg fps is around 17

This man I talked to (who built my computer) said it would be 40fps or above at all times.

Comment

and right now I have 504 mb of RAM, and you're saying If i doubled that or so WoW would run a lot faster?

If so, you got any price ranges you could tell me?
                lol, im new to this stuff

Comment

It depends on the kind of RAM you need, but buying another 512MB will probably be around US$ 40-50, I guess (judging from german prices though, so it's just a rough estimate).

Would you mind posting your system stats? If the person who built your computer claimed it would run at more than double the speed it does, I'm curious as to who's at fault here...
                  "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by Jaguar4105
                    I was just told If I made images of the disc and then created a virtual drive of somesort or whatever and run it from there, It would run faster.

Currently on WoW my avg fps is around 17

This man I talked to (who built my computer) said it would be 40fps or above at all times.

This is a lie... for the simple reason WoW does not require the CDs to be in the drives...

by the way, i'm curious to see your system stats too...
                    Carpe diem

Comment

umm... How do I pull up all the system stats?
                      lol

and after seeing it would you be able to tell me what I need?

also would a new video card make it run any faster?

Comment

504MB of RAM? I sincerely hope that doesn't mean what it sounds like. Unless that was a typo, that would mean you have onboard video using 8MB of system RAM. I can't believe you'd even get 17FPS with that.

Comment

heres the picture of my stats
                          Last edited by Jaguar4105; 02.03.2006, 07:35.

Comment

Go to Hardware -> Device Manager and post what it says under Display Adapter (just type it out, no need to post a picture). I think you have onboard video, which is pathetic for playing games with. If you do have onboard video, the guy that told you that computer would get 40fps average in WoW was smoking something funny.

Comment

alright

Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller

p.s. If I bought 2x 512 mb of ram and a new graphics card, that would help the speed of the game right?

Comment

Working...
                              X