Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Thanks for the malware!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobby1 View Post
    I've read that the free 'lite' version contains adware and the paid 'lite' version does not. I paid and ran virus/malware tests on both and it does seem the paid version has nothing, according to Malwarebytes.

However, when I upload the paid installer to VirusTotal although the majority come back clean, TrendMicro-HouseCall shows: TROJ_GE.BB19A4EC
    Can anybody that works for the program explain this to me, as I'm confused why it would show up with that warning.

On a side note, in VirusTotal's 'Behavioural Information' tab there's a few Daemon files that show as 'failed'. One example:

Runtime DLLs:
    c:\windows\system32\dwmapi.dll (failed)

What do these mean?
    The installer will not usually show malware, the installer downloads it from internet. And yes, it installs it even if you decline the offers.

Also, the mods here have no balls to allow comments such as this. I'm PMing every user about what to do: spread the word to stay away from this company's software.

I'm 100% i skipped the ad option, didn't install any toolbar, or did any other end user act, and what i get, malware that changes my default search engine in all major browsers, cannot remove it by normal means (unistall/disable plugin), aside from making me wonder if google is really displaying underwear ads, it keeps popping up out of no where, this software used to be good, it's total crap now.
    in short, you get the below when installing daemon tools (and uninstalling afterward) with no option to remove the 3 different annoying browser infesting ads.

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Tawfik\AppData\Roaming\ARHome
    Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Tawfik\AppData\Roaming\VolIE
    File Deleted : C:\Users\Tawfik\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Pr ofiles\3gd4tnrc.default-1413712667080\user.js

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\ARHome
    Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\NoVooITSet
    Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Vonteera Safe ads

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17344

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v33.0 (x86 en-US)

-\\ Google Chrome v38.0.2125.104

Last edited by Terramex : 21.10.2014 at 15:37 Reason: expletive deleted

Customer

Please excuse the inconvenience.
    Such behaviour contravenes the DAEMON Tools network policy.
    Do you still have the AdwCleaner backup files in C:\AdwCleaner\Backup ?

If you still want to use DT lite in the future and avoid any Ad Sponsor recommendations just disconnect your internet during installation.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

New User

Thanks. disconnect the internet during installation is more convenient.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12