Thanks for the malware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the malware!

Despite unchecking, canceling , and etc... I was gifted with the sweetpacks malware thanks to your installation program. Took three hours to get rid of it. Guess what I'm not buying... yep.

It's amusing to watch you guys lie and BS your way out of it ... just admit it - you put malware in there to make money. There's no shame in admitting it , it's a common practice. Maybe if your product was worth the money you are asking you woudl not have to do such lowball things to survive.

One less customer ,

- J

Hello,

We were reproduced all installation process. Probably you've pressed 'OK' in the confirmation window, but there you should have canceled.
    Use standard tools of your web browsers to change home page or search engine settings.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

@jpa
      The way you have to cancel isn't exactly brilliant, and personally i hope DT Soft is
      looking for other partners in case Open Candy can't adjust their installers.

But all program installations can be cancelled, so no need to call anyone a liar
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
        Hello,

We were reproduced all installation process. Probably you've pressed 'OK' in the confirmation window, but there you should have canceled.
        Use standard tools of your web browsers to change home page or search engine settings.
        how about asking instead of tricking users?

Comment

Hi all. I can CONFIRM, that as of today, I d/l and installed the LITE version. Full of Malware. Really too bad cause I used to like this product. But I have now uninstalled and will NEVER return to this crappy/malware infested/sneaky piece of software.

No leads that 4 different pieces of crap got installed, and no sooner was this installed, and I started getting POPUP ads. Unbelievable that this is still going on in this day and age. What a joke.

Very disappointed to say the least.

Why can't you just package the program without all the BS attached to it?

I am DONE...GoodBye forever Daemon Dudes.

Comment

In case you've opted out/canceled/declined the 3rd party software and still got something installed you could help and report problems as described here:

Originally Posted by Howie View Post
            Full of Malware.
            No leads that 4 different pieces of crap got installed...
            It's Adware - not Malware.
            It's not possible 4 things were installed.
            Last edited by Terramex; 02.04.2014, 17:12.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Chrome?

Please explain the copy of Chrome I was never asked about, did not approve, and is mentioned NOWHERE in your EULA or Installer that I found lurking in the Roaming\Daemon Tools Lite folder? That part of the "You can opt out of everything" package? Because I found it hung up in the background pushing my video card to 100% steadily trying to burn it up.

Comment

Originally Posted by catawhompus View Post
                Please explain the copy of Chrome I was never asked about, did not approve, and is mentioned NOWHERE in your EULA or Installer that I found lurking in the Roaming\Daemon Tools Lite folder? That part of the "You can opt out of everything" package? Because I found it hung up in the background pushing my video card to 100% steadily trying to burn it up.
                Please explain your problem more detailed. What copy of Chrome do you mean? Has this problem appeared right after DAEMON Tools Lite installation? What version do you use?

Comment

I've read that the free 'lite' version contains adware and the paid 'lite' version does not. I paid and ran virus/malware tests on both and it does seem the paid version has nothing, according to Malwarebytes.

However, when I upload the paid installer to VirusTotal although the majority come back clean, TrendMicro-HouseCall shows: TROJ_GE.BB19A4EC
                  Can anybody that works for the program explain this to me, as I'm confused why it would show up with that warning.

On a side note, in VirusTotal's 'Behavioural Information' tab there's a few Daemon files that show as 'failed'. One example:

Runtime DLLs:
                  c:\windows\system32\dwmapi.dll (failed)

What do these mean?

Comment

Despite being sure to opt out of every secondary offer to install extra software such as search assistants when installing Daemon Tools, this installer still installed malware and BHOs on my computer.

From the moment the software was installed, all of my browser homepages and default search was changed to "Trovi". Additionally, the malware "Search Protect" was installed on my computer, which I know has a history of sending outbound connections in the port 50000-60000 range to third party search providers. Also, within 30 seconds of installing Daemon Tools, one of my email addresses started getting Mailer-Daemon replies of outgoing spam from my email!

I have used Daemon Tools quite often over the past several years, but will never install, nor recommend, this product to another individual until this malware is removed from the installation package. Trying to deny that it includes malware is now an absolute joke.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bobobby1 View Post
                      I've read that the free 'lite' version contains adware and the paid 'lite' version does not. I paid and ran virus/malware tests on both and it does seem the paid version has nothing, according to Malwarebytes.

However, when I upload the paid installer to VirusTotal although the majority come back clean, TrendMicro-HouseCall shows: TROJ_GE.BB19A4EC
                      Can anybody that works for the program explain this to me, as I'm confused why it would show up with that warning.

On a side note, in VirusTotal's 'Behavioural Information' tab there's a few Daemon files that show as 'failed'. One example:

Runtime DLLs:
                      c:\windows\system32\dwmapi.dll (failed)

What do these mean?
                      The installer will not usually show malware, the installer downloads it from internet. And yes, it installs it even if you decline the offers.

Also, the mods here have no balls to allow comments such as this. I'm PMing every user about what to do: spread the word to stay away from this company's software.

Comment

I'm 100% i skipped the ad option, didn't install any toolbar, or did any other end user act, and what i get, malware that changes my default search engine in all major browsers, cannot remove it by normal means (unistall/disable plugin), aside from making me wonder if google is really displaying underwear ads, it keeps popping up out of no where, this software used to be good, it's total crap now.
                        in short, you get the below when installing daemon tools (and uninstalling afterward) with no option to remove the 3 different annoying browser infesting ads.

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Tawfik\AppData\Roaming\ARHome
                        Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Tawfik\AppData\Roaming\VolIE
                        File Deleted : C:\Users\Tawfik\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Pr ofiles\3gd4tnrc.default-1413712667080\user.js

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\ARHome
                        Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\NoVooITSet
                        Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Vonteera Safe ads

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17344

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v33.0 (x86 en-US)

-\\ Google Chrome v38.0.2125.104

Last edited by Terramex; 21.10.2014, 15:37. Reason: expletive deleted

Comment

Please excuse the inconvenience.
                          Such behaviour contravenes the DAEMON Tools network policy.
                          Do you still have the AdwCleaner backup files in C:\AdwCleaner\Backup ?

If you still want to use DT lite in the future and avoid any Ad Sponsor recommendations just disconnect your internet during installation.

Comment

Thanks. disconnect the internet during installation is more convenient.

Comment

Working...
                            X