Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debug mode that dumps sector accesses

Hello DT team,
    I was wondering if it was possible to add a logging feature or debug mode that keeps track of all accesses to an image.
    I figure this would be useful for creating maxi images of Safedisk games since they require some parts of the actual data to be there.
    So you could check which sectors are read by the protection, blank out all the other files and viola, you get a highly compressable end result.
    Shouldn't be too hard to implement so it would be great if you could put it in (or enable it for us normal users if the option is already there for devs).

ever heard of ********al?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
      ever heard of ********al?
      Yes but its not what I am looking for. Just because there's a commercial solution doesn't mean we all should stop thinking about free ways to do stuff ourselves.

I realize this is exactly what ********al does, although I guess it emulates the entire drive access. I'd like to have a DT4 based solution and I think it would be a great feature to play with.

Right now only a chosen few create maxi images but this could take it mainstream.

Comment

Working...
      X