Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Alcohol 120%, can't play file

Hi guys,
    I've tried to copy a DVD (Howl's Moving Castle) onto my computer with alcohol 120%. The size of the .mds file is about 7.5 GB this means i can't burn it onto a DVD without buying a special DVD burner that can write such.. When I mount the image with alcohol and try to play it I get a 3min long film without any menu options etc. does anyone know what to do? Do I need to use another program to do this?

Thanks
    Glaedr

Can you provide the standard fare:

What version of DT are you running, what operating system, what file system, NTFS, Fat32? What version of what software dvd player are you trying to use? Also knowing what profile you used to rip the dvd with might be helpful.

The reason i ask about the file system is that Win98 and fat32 could not create files larger than 4 gigs, but sometimes its possible, and can create strange problems. I created a 4.5 gig file on my fat32 drive once, was able to move it off of that drive and to an NFTS drive, then went to move it back and it wouldnt do it. Was pretty odd.

Does the film start to play from the intro and then just cut off after 3 minutes into the movie? Can you identify where the movie starts or cuts off at? Does it seem to correspond with any of the chapters locations on the dvd?

Im not familiar with the problem, but if you've got that information, theres a better chance of answering your question.

Comment

If this is a movie, you'd better use dvd shrink (google for it) or dvd decrypter (google is your friend again)...
      Carpe diem

Comment

Also, if you have a question about Alcohol, there is a trial users support section on the Alcohol forums...

Comment

Working...
        X