Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Problems - Civ4 and SW:KotOE

Hello everyone.
    I have been using DT for some time, mostly for this and that, all successfully. It still works like a charm for Diablo2. Thank you for that!

However, I have now perused quite a number of threads and am stuck. I even downloaded the upgraded version of DT-Light, which comes with that incredibly pesky AdVantage program, but still no luck.

My problems are with 1. SW:KotOE and 2. Civ4

1. I recently received KotOE, and patched it to the latest patch. Runs fine. I made a .bt6 from BlindWrite 2 days ago -- my Alcohol120% license apparently ran out, and I dont quite have the cash to purchase the full version --. The image mounts without a problem, but when I try to play from it, I receive the message "Please insert original disk, not a backup copy. See Securom.com for more details". I searched the forums and saw that the newest version of DT should do the trick, and am surprised that this is not the case. Am I simply out of luck?

2. Similar experience with Civ4, except that it "does not find the drive". To be sure, I made blindwrite copies from both disc 1 and disc 2 and mounted both, because I read that there was some confusion as to which disc was actually the playdisc. Either way, I have been unsuccessful in being able to play the game.

I also have all emulation options clicked on. Still works fine for Diab2, so this is obviously enough for that version of SecuRom, but not enough, strangely, for KotOE.
    Although I can no longer use Alcohol 120% (deinstalling and re-installing obviously doesnt help, since it remembers that I tested it earlier), I was sure that BlindWrite would, since this is also recommended. Is there any thing else I should know about?
    thank you very much in advance for your help
    -o

SW-KotoR:
    The error message indicates your image isn't good enough.
    Create a new image with Blindwrite 6 or Daemon Tools PRO (New SecuROM Plugin) and try again

Civ4:
    Try with an Antiblacklisting tool like YASU (start YASU, then 'Cloak')
    Originally Posted by onomastikon View Post
    I also have all emulation options clicked on.
    Those emulations do only affect burned discs, not mounted images.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Also, Alcohol 52% is free for personal use, just without the burning engine or Alcohol Xtra wizard from 120%.

Comment

Thank you, I will try your suggestions as best as I can, but some questions beforehand if I may:

(Sorry, I am VERY computer un-savvy and no next to nothing about most things!)

- Wont the blindwrite image I make now just be the same as the one I made before -- what do I have to do differently?
        - I think I have DemonPro Lite. Is that ok?

thanks much!

Comment

I followed your advice, got Alcohol 52% and YASU.

With these, it now appears that I am able to launch and play CivIV without a problem.

SW:KotOE however will not run, it still asks me for the original not a "backup". I had made a new image with Alcohol 52 (an .iso, set at 1x speed) and tried again with BlindWrite as well (.bt6). YASU is up and cloaking. No dice.

What am I doing wrong?

thank you!

Comment

I own Civ4 and the two expansions.
            With Daemon Tools Advanced Edition you do not need YASU. Just mount them and they work.
            With Daemon Tools Lite Edition you need YASU to play the games.

OJi.

Comment

Right, thank you.

Civ4 I have up and running now, I think thank's to YASU! Great!

SW:KotOE however still thinks I have a backup, not an original. I tried again with Blindwrite and Alchohol 52%, but no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

thank you!

Comment

I'm a little bit confused by the title Knights of the old ?Empire?
                Is this the same as "Knights of the Old Republic" ?

Would you please check the game executable with Protection ID ?

- Wont the blindwrite image I make now just be the same as the one I made before -- what do I have to do differently?
                Principally yes, but the (assumed it's KOTOR/Securom) needed topology measurement may be better this time - if your drive is capable at all to perform the measurement
                You may also try different read speeds as explained here.

Some drives do perform better with Blindwrite's topology measurement, others with Alcohol's/Daemon's Data position measurement (DPM). And there are also drives which do the job with neither or both of them.

P.S.: Would you please upload your b6t and mds files ?
                Last edited by Terramex; 12.02.2008, 14:11.
                I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Terramex:

First, thank you!

Second, yes its KOTOR, sorry my mistake!

Thirdly, I dont see how I am able to upload those images, sorry, I dont see an "attach" button here. And they are huge, 700MB in size, I doubt the mods would let me. Apparently, because I am a new member here, I cannot even post without having a mod check for approval fist, hence the delays in my responding (argh).

Fourthly, I Dled that ID program and used it (hope I did it right!), and here are the results I think you need:

Scanning -> C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\swkotor.exe
                  File Type : Exe, Size : 5783552 (0584000h) Byte(s)
                  [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 5.00.03
                  - Scan Took : 1.937 Seconds

Finally, I did the last image with speed of 1x (slowest), and it didnt help, that was with Alcohol 52% I believe.

I really appreciate your help, thank you

Comment

I dont see how I am able to upload those images, sorry, I dont see an "attach" button here. And they are huge, 700MB in size, I doubt the mods would let me.
                    MDS and B6T are the small descriptor files.
                    MDF and B6I are the big main image files containing user data - which you're of course not allowed to upload.

You can upload the MDS/B6T to e.g. http://www.sendspace.com/
                    btw. what's your language version ?
                    Last edited by Terramex; 12.02.2008, 16:55.

Comment

Well, I hope I could help you.
                      First of all, read these instructions:
                      Link ---> if it's a CD
                      Link --> if it's a DVD
                      Try making an image with these instructions.
                      Download YASU at Link and put it in the directory of daemon tools.
                      Download latest Daemon Tools regarding your operating system (32bit --> x86, 64-bit --> x64).
                      Start YASU and cloak all your drives! [You should create a virtual drive with DT before]
                      Insert your image and try to play.
                      Tell us whether it's working or not. Thank you!
                      Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
                      Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
                      Schreibt mir eine PN!
                      If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

@bismax
                        At that time there was no SCSI blacklisting and no DT 4, so i doubt there is need to use something like YASU - of course it won't harm
                        Last edited by Terramex; 12.02.2008, 17:12.

Comment

Well, I'm not sure if you're right. If I'm not sure, I'm thinking of everything possible, of course.

And my description could also help him avoid problems with ´other SR protected games.

Just my 2 cents

Btw: Alcohol 52% is for free. I would avoid BlindWrite. But I'm past of the DT-Team (just as a translator), so if feel like that I'm only allowed to use DT ^^ (of course, I have no restriction)
                          Last edited by bismax; 12.02.2008, 17:27.
                          Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
                          Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
                          Schreibt mir eine PN!
                          If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

@onomastikon
                            Additionally try the following:

- open properties of swkotor.exe
                            - click the Compatibility tab
                            - Check 'Run in Compatibility Mode'
                            - choose Windows NT 4.0 compatibility mode in the drop-down box

Comment

Hello, just did a new image with alcohol 52%, and no luck. Still the same message (insert original, not backup).

This time, instead of specifying .iso, I chose .mds, and can see that the .mdf is of a different size than the .iso I made before. Also curious, because both an .mds and .mdf come out. The .mds is only 1kb, and that is the one that DT wants to have mounted (I cannot even select the .mdf) -- is this correct?

Anyway, it didnt work.

I also have compatibility mode for WinNT selected, as Terramax suggested, but no luck.

The CD is obviously a bit older (I got it from a friend), if there are some usage tracks on it (minor scratches, etc.), is that bad? I cleaned it before making the last image to be sure, but that apparently didnt help.

THank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X