Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediscript GK1 03/2008 [Protect CD]

Hey Guys,

i'm trying to create a backup copy of "Mediscript GK1 03/2008". It's a medical e-learning software, which is protected by "Protect CD" / "Protect Disk". I'm not able to determine the version of the copy protection: Both ProtectionID and A-Ray report "no copy protection found" after scanning the cd.

I tried it the following way:
    - Create an image (mds/mdf) with the latest Alcohol 120% using "Protect CD V5"-Profile and DPM-Precision HIGH
    - Uninstall Alcohol and other emulation software
    - mounting the disc using the latest Deamon Tools - all emulation options activated

The program is refusing to start and reports active emulation software running.

Protect Software - Emulator active

Is it possible to avoid this blacklisting?

thx in advance

Mount into latest Daemon Tools Pro version in vIDE and it should work.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Hello Blazkowicz

thanks for your prompt response.
      Is there a possibility to get a "DT Pro Advanced Trial". I just want to test vIDE with this specific configuration of software before purchasing (e.g. spending $54.79 on it) the produkt.

Comment

We don't have any system to trial Standard or Advanced DAEMON Tools pro (just the version called DAEMON Tools Pro Basic).
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

@ballzOut
          Alternatively you can try to burn an emulated copy on CD instead of mounting an image - if that's an option for you:

Reinstall Alcohol 120%, start program and open Image Burning Wizard, choose your image, and in next screen Datatype: VOB ProtectCD V5.
          Uninstall Alcohol 120% (if it's blacklisted by the ProtectCD version used on this title), activate RMPS emulation in Daemon Tools, insert copy and it should work.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

hello and thanks for the answers.

@Underheaven
            a friend of mine has got a daemon tools version including vIDE. no luck there, because also the PRO versions of daemon tools are blacklisted by Protect CD. Emulating in IDE makes no difference to the SCSI-Emulation.

@Terramex
            Principally this is a good idea, but it doesn't work either. I still need Daemon tools - which is blacklisted - to emulate the RMPS-Data ("activate RMPS emulation in Daemon Tools"). No chance.

Is there a tool which is able to avoid blacklisting of alcohol / daemon tools. Or are the programmers planning to release a new version of daemon tools which will circumvent the blacklisting?

Comment

MediScript CDs can be copied for personal purposes

You have to create a clone-image that includes all sectors of the cd.
              This can be achieved using programs like : K3b and its backends.
              In Windows you can use CloneCD or Alcohol120. You should not activate something like emulation when burning your image. You just have to create a perfect image/cloned cd.
              The Installer of the Mediscript-Programm should run with administrative Credentials once. (A "CD-Installation" is sufficient) Then you have to give Users Write-Access to the Install-Directory. The Startmenu-Entry should be moved in the All Users Directory. That done. Log in with your normal User-Credentials and Start the Program from Startmenu.

The Program works without Problems using the Backup-CD in a normal Windows-Environment and even in a virtualised environment (the OS guest should have hardware access to the cd-drive).

OK, hope that still helps someone before attending "Physikum"-examinations

btw. DeamonTools is a great Windowsapp, but it diggs really deep into the system (there is possibly no other way) ... so you should use open source software when possible, ... no copy protections and distribution via Internet for years now ...

Too bad Mediscript does not provide a linux version of their program ...

Comment

Working...
              X