vista searching of daemon-tools mounted dvd not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vista searching of daemon-tools mounted dvd not working

I need to do a keyword search for files within a dvd image. I mounted dvd using DT to a virtual drive 'J:'. And performed a search within vista, but the file was not found. Is this a limitation of the daemon-tools software that vista is unable to search virtual drives? How do I fix it?

Here are the steps I followed so search for the file:

1. Mounted dvd image as virtual drive J
    2. Run Search Everywhere window in vista
    3. Click Advanced Search button
    4. Select virtual drive J from the Location drop-down menu
    5. Type the filename in Named text box (verified that the file was on the drive manually, and also triple-checked for typos),
    6. Click the "Include non-indexed, hidden, ad system files" checkbox
    7. Click the Search button.

The above steps failed to find the file. I also mounted the virtual drive as a physical directory and searched using the same steps above but replaced the J drive for the C drive in the drop-down Location menu. This did not find the file either. I also specified the parent folder of the mounted physical directory in Control Panel | Index Options and then did a rebuild, but still does not find file. I also specified in my searches two different filenames, I tried first with exact filename Antiques.wmf and after that failed tried using a wildcard Antiques*.*. None of the steps were able to find the file.

You can browse the image's content?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

mounting is fine, yes

Yes, I can browse the image just fine using Windows Explorer. I can even open up the files to view them on the virtual drive J without a problem. The mounted image is performing fine. However, vista does not seem to be able to search the virtual drive or the mounted physical directory.

Comment

Try another search program - Vista search is buggy sometimes.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
        X