Suddenly stopped working, image is mounted, but wont load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly stopped working, image is mounted, but wont load

Ok, so daemon tools lite is running, I mounted the ISO file to the virtual drive. I'm trying to play diablo 2, but when I click the icon it says "please insert disk"

when i click the daemon tools icon in the try it reads

device 0: [f] c:\users\owner\diablo2\expansion.iso

so i know its mounted correctly.

I dont know what the problem is. The game worked fine for a while, but i havent played it in a good 3 months. If someone could shed some light on my problem I'd be very grateful.

Also diablo 2 is still installed on my machine, and i can't test the original disk because it broke, which is why i used daemon tools in the first place

Diablo II uses SecuROM. SecuROM can't be copied into ISO. You need to remake your image into MDS/MDF format.

Comment

it worked fine as an iso for months. did something change?

Comment

Unless you had some very random glitch or you were using a modified executable, there is no way ISO should have worked. It cannot store the necessary copy protection for SecuROM.

However, now that I've gone back and tried to detect the version of SecuROM, I think I recall that the last patch for Diablo II removed the copy protection from the game. You should be able to play without the disc as long as you're current on the patches. That could explain why you were playing with an ISO image, because it wasn't actually using the image.

Comment

Working...
        X