Oblivion GOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivion GOTY

Just to pre-cursor this, I have read EVERY Oblivion post across the entire web on this issue and can't find an answer.

I am having issues with my SecuROM infested Oblivion backup Setup.exe (and OblivionLauncher). It is not detecting emulation software (I know, because I put in my original disc in while running Daemon/Alcohol 52 [I even had each one mounting a backup image of oblivion while doing this] and launched setup.exe and it worked fine).

It is the fact I am using a backup iso/mds (I have tried both) and it is detecting that the original is not being used. I get the error: "Please insert original disc instead of backup (1000)".

I have gotten this to work once in the past and for the life of me can't remember what I did. I started using backup disc for EVERYTHING because I reformat quite often and got tired of changing out disc (also I like to play without having a disc). So it was a pain tonight dragging out of storage my old disc to make sure this actually worked and even trying to create new images multiple times. If anybody else has gotten this to work let me know.

Bad image, recreate with New SecuROM profile and different DPM speeds.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I do not believe it is a bad image. I have recreated with the 1X DPM speed multiple times. Also, the disc itself is in pristine condition.

Like I said I used this image in the past, just cant remember how. Also, disc 2 is giving the same error. I doubt both of them being in perfect condition would give the same error after turning them into an image.

Comment

Well, "Please insert original disc instead of backup (1000)" means bad image. Also try different DPM speeds (1x is not always the best choice).

Also is the image on a compressed ntfs volume? Are you doing some work which uses CPU max?
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Extracting DPM from a DVD usually has better results at a higher speed (like 12x) for me.
          I have only noticed CD DPM improve at lower speeds.
          Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Did you try to delete the SecuROM key in registry yet? Helps sometimes.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I can't find it in regedit? Where is the key located?

Comment

I got it to work....finally. I used 10X DPM on both original disc...

...BUT...

It did take a couple tries not to detect in was not the original disc. So, since I have this fresh install...if I just copy+paste the Oblivion directory after install instead of trying to reinstall it from the image should that actually work? I have never tried that so not sure how it works with registry entries and all that.

Comment

hkey_local_machine\software\securom i think is its location, be careful deleting some of the data though, as activation based licenses for some games are there, so if you delete the key you'll lose that activation (if you have any activated games that is)
                  my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Just reformatted so only games I have installed haven't required keys so far...so no biggie.

Comment

@Tsaal
                      The Keys are in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SecuROM.

Even if the image was working before i'd still create a new one as the handling of DPM information may have changed a little with your current DT version.
                      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                      X