Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• view isos as folders OR double click isos to mount

Guys:

I have an idea, heres why... I backup my dvds to a big hard drive so I can kick back and chose them from a list and play them without having to get up, and I wanted to find a way to make it so that I can play my iso files right from windows. Now, one of the dvd player programs out there will read isos and play them but the program itself sucks. I usually use powerdvd or just windows media player, because who cares right? hehe. Either way:

WOuldn't it be awesome if you could just double click on an iso and have it map it. I see there are command line switches to mount images etc, but how can I associate the file type in such a way that that will happen? i tried making an lnk file that has that in it and then open it with that link, with that whole "open with" and "choose program" thing. But, it didn't work. Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong or something that would have to be coded.

ANOTHER IDEA. What if, just like windows xp does with zip files by default, the iso files could be viewed as folders without having to be mounted? Make it an option maybe, maybe right click onthe file and have the shell integration have a button that says "view this iso as a folder."

Maybe some of this stuff already exists, please advice at: goulde@savageweb.net

-eric

Regarding the mounting (right-click or double click in Explorer) check out awxDTools or FastMount in or download section.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Easy mounting

Hi

It's actually very easy to make iso's dbl-click-mountable in windows.

Here's how:

Open an explorer window
      Open settings and goto the tab 'filetypes'
      Press button 'new'
      Enter 'img' in the extension field and press 'OK'
      Select the newly created filetype in the list and press 'Advanced'
      Next to the actions list press 'New'
      Type in 'Mount' in the action name field
      In the destination field enter: C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe -mount 0,"%1"
      Press 'OK'
      Select the 'Mount' action to be default (if not already)
      Click 'OK' and close the settings popup.
      You should now be able to doubleclick om .img files and they'll be mounted on the first drive in daemon-tools. Happy clicking

Ofcourse you would have to repeat the process with all the extensions you want (eg .iso .bin .cue)

feel free to mail me at matti[at]pc[dot]dk if you have any problems making it work.

Comment

Easy program for doing the above

I have created an NSIS installer which will register Virtual DAEMON Manager with the image files known by DAEMON Tools.

Download it here:

It's not big!

Comment

Winrar

With winrar you can open .iso images like a folder without mounting

WinRAR provides the full RAR and ZIP file support, can decompress CAB, GZIP and other archive formats

Comment

Working...
          X