• Show
Clear All

• Chronicles Of Riddick CD: Conflict with Disk Emulator Detected

Imaging Software:
    Alcohol 120% Version 1.9.2

Virtual CD software:
    Daemon Tools 3.47 (r0x0rz my s0x0rz)

Other tools:
    DaemonScript 1.5.4 (also r0x0rz my s0x0rz)

Okay I've been using the mighty Alcohol/Daemon tools/daemonscript triad for all my games. I love being able to play em all, without having to insert any CD's, and automounting em using daemonscript... its so t3h convenience :p (my gf got me hooked on dumbass l337sp34k so bare with me)

Anyway I haven't had any problems so far (recent games I play are Farcry, Doom III and nfsu2)... I basically just check with daemon tools game database; make image according to the protection, make a daemonscript to:

-unmount
    -mount image
    -emulations (uncheck them all)
    -runapp

Then create a shortcut to automatically mountandrun the game

It worked every time... but now this one game: Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, is giving me trouble.

I have the CD version (not the DVD version).

So here's what I did in this case:

- Installed the game (full install with all t3h g00dies)
    - Made image of 1st CD using Alcohol 120% using the 'Securom New' data type
    - created my uber deamonscript
    - tested it... it didn't work

Instead the lil riddick launching icon flashed, and then I got this error message:

---------------------
    Conflict with Disc Emulator Software Detected. See www.securom.com/emulation for more details (click okay)
    ---------------------

Then if I try to test again (or run any other game that needs daemon tools) I get this error message first:

----------------------
    Error on line 2:
    Unit Locked
    Would you like to continue execution
    (click yes to continue anyways or no to cancel)
    ----------------------

The other games run fine, despite the above error message; but it bugs the hell outta me, and the only way to unlock the unit is to reboot my pc...

I would like to note that the game runs fine with the original CD in the drive. No need to uninstall anything, or play with any fancy settings or watever... it works fine I would just like to run it without needing the CD... Cuz playing ur games without the CD is l337... plus it keeps the CDs nice and scratchless...

Any ideas on how to get this to work? What I've done so far is pretty straight forward; and have never had any problems prior to this game... And I'd like to keep it straight forward (pls no backwater patches or anything like that, I loath patches)

Thanks for the consideration.

Re: Chronicles Of Riddick CD: Conflict with Disk Emulator Detected

1) would you please scan your CD and post the results. You already mentioned it uses SecurROM but the game is not in our game database, so this info would be useful to everyone in the forum.
    A-Ray Scanner download link

2) if your virtual drive is locked you can use a software like Nero, Disc info (control + I ), eject to force a drive unlock/eject.

3) To avoid getting an emulation warning (assuming you are not using CloneCD or any other virtual drive other than Daemon-Tools 3.47)

Visit this topic 'Securom 5.* protected games with Daemon Tool 3.47 ' and follow the advice, the new Daemon-Tools version won't require a registry workaround like this, so stay tuned...
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

it IS in our database, unfortunately at letter T (THE chronicles of Riddick)
      and not C, however, when use our database, it could not harm to recheck
      several possibilities - in most cases the game is already there

Comment

Thanks for the heads up and the link

I'm at another PC at the moment, as I type this. Earlier today, I read the securcom post and changed the settings in the registry as instructed. It worked there are some more issues tho, like the game not working after a reboot; but I'll address them in the other thread... I was in a rush and wasn't able to read everything in detail, or try out all the possibilities.

Anyways its just nice to know that it is possible to play this particular game without the CD. Daemon Tools should have had the Nvidia slogan LOL cuz imo playing ur games without damaging the precious CDs is the only way to play... I have some classics like Wing Comamnder VI that I just refuse to play again till I get the time to sit down, make the images and work through getting em up and runnin without the CDs..

Keep up the great work guys, and I'll be staying tuned for the next release...

I'll keep you all posted as to how it goes, and what I did to totally solve the problem...

BTW Chronicles of Riddick rocks! I totally recommend this game

Take care

Comment

riddick problems ?

Originally Posted by menelik seth
          Thanks for the heads up and the link

I'm at another PC at the moment, as I type this. Earlier today, I read the securcom post and changed the settings in the registry as instructed. It worked there are some more issues tho, like the game not working after a reboot; but I'll address them in the other thread... I was in a rush and wasn't able to read everything in detail, or try out all the possibilities.

Anyways its just nice to know that it is possible to play this particular game without the CD. Daemon Tools should have had the Nvidia slogan LOL cuz imo playing ur games without damaging the precious CDs is the only way to play... I have some classics like Wing Comamnder VI that I just refuse to play again till I get the time to sit down, make the images and work through getting em up and runnin without the CDs..

Keep up the great work guys, and I'll be staying tuned for the next release...

I'll keep you all posted as to how it goes, and what I did to totally solve the problem...

BTW Chronicles of Riddick rocks! I totally recommend this game

Take care
          been reading up on this topic to try to sort out mine, but no luck @ it. if u totally sorted it could u help me, using the cd all the time is f**king anoying

Comment

Working...
          X