Daemon plus encryption.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon plus encryption.

So it seems the current trend of these nasty back breaking protections is to encrypt everything and it also seems that they are reverse enginiering D-tools to find ways to stuff things into the protections which recognise d-tools and/or the way it works so heres my idea...

How about D-tools becoming encrypted just like the copy protections at the moment so that it cant be so easily stopped being used? When I say this I mean implement some form of encrpytion/protection that stops the copy protection from knowing whats really going on, the encryption key could be unique to the hardware its running on thus stopping the protection from having "snapshots" stored of what D-tools could look like. Basically it would be like having protection fighting off the protection.

Crazy idea and I admit im no programmer but is this possible or anything?

Keep up the great work guys, I hope to be investing in the pro version when its released as this software has saved me countless problems in the past and IMHO its worth every penny!

Indeed, a good suggestion, but a good implementation would delay
    Daemon Tools V4 for quite a long time....

....for gods sake we thought the same and already did that part of the work :mrgreen:

I don't want to speak about technical details, but I can tell you that it is a
    nightmare to reverse it from now on

Comment

encrypt DAEMON Tools binary code

Quite a few shareware protections have used this method. Their flaw is that once loaded into RAM their contents are no longer encrypted. Plus for the people wanting to take their time -- assembly code can't be encrypted anyway. Also the internals of DAEMON Tools don't need to be reverse engineered they can just be observed instead with a lot less effort on the "reverse engineer" persons part.

Heh, LocutusofBorg and I posted at the same minute. I'm glad he thinks its a possible suggestion.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

@ohio: no, there's indeed a possibility to encrypt the data and make the
        reverse job, let's say, really a hard job, the system is similar to that one
        starforce used to protect their intellectual property, we found similar way
        and included some other methods, too

Comment

Working...
        X