Burning takes too long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning takes too long

I tried using Astroburn 1.0.91 with my new 22x DVD burner. It's a LG GH22NP20. I tried burning a Verbatim DVD+R, ImgBurn burns it at full speed, that is 22x.

There are two problems:
    1. Astroburn only allows to burn with 16x speed not 22x.
    2. Burning takes more than 12 min. The LED of the burner blinks for a short time then stops blinking for a short time, then starts blinking again and so on until the end. Astroburn shows that the buffer is full the whole time.

What is maximum write speed for your DVD+R (it should be written on the disc)?

Comment

You also may check AstroBurn Lite, it contains newer code.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
        What is maximum write speed for your DVD+R (it should be written on the disc)?
        The maximum speed of the DVD+R is 16x, but ImgBurn burns it with 22x and even at 16x it shouldn't take so long. My 16x NEC burner burned a DVD+R in 6.5 minutes at 16x speed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zorkzero View Post
          The maximum speed of the DVD+R is 16x, but ImgBurn burns it with 22x and even at 16x it shouldn't take so long. My 16x NEC burner burned a DVD+R in 6.5 minutes at 16x speed.
          That's why Astroburn only allows to burn with 16x speed.

There was a bug in Astroburn 1.0.91. Closing session for DVD+R/RW took too much time. It was fixed in Astroburn Lite 1.0.0. So you'd be better to use this program as Blazkowicz said.

You can download Astroburn Lite here - Software for burning, grabbing and mastering CD, DVD, HD DVD and Blu-ray discs :: Astroburn.com.
          Last edited by Blazkowicz; 19.07.2009, 22:48.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
            There was a bug in Astroburn 1.0.91. Closing session for DVD+R/RW took too much time. It was fixed in Astroburn Lite 1.0.0. So you'd be better to use this program as Blazkowicz said.
            OK, I tried Astroburn Lite 1.0.0 and it burned the DVD+R at 16x in 6 min. 30 sec. It works, thank you. It would be better if it could burn at the full speed 22x of my burner, but I can live with it, I guess.

Can you update Astroburn? I like it more than Astroburn Lite, because it has more features and a nicer GUI. Astroburn would be perfect for me if it didn't have the bug. It has all the right features and the best GUI of all burning applications. Even my father can use it.

Comment

AstroBurn is currently tested for another bugs, but i guess release should be soon (only a guess).
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
              X