Gothic 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ß
    congoman=betateam ??? ????????????????????????????????????
    ?????????????????????????????????????????
    ????????????????????????
    ????????????????????????
    Seems so.

Just waiting for my copy to arrive here... maybe tomorrow.

@β You like the '?' sign??
    Carpe diem

Comment

what's wrong with me being in the beta team???
      Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

Then you should be able to backup Gothic 3 with Daemon Tools Pro beta or arent you involved in Daemon Tools Pro Beta and only in Daemon Tools Beta?
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Not everyone who's in the DTv4 beta team is on the DTPro beta team as well. Please refrain from speculating except in the Off Topic forums as this is not relevant to DTv4, and we're not going to comment on this topic any further than has already been announced.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

i have gothic 3 with xprotect problem is that xprotect seems to switch off the rmps function of dt4 and ask for dvd :/

edit by admin: Please don't post more than once. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.

Comment

confirmed now, it works with VCD
              just take a proper vc6 from copybase.ch

no scratches anymore for me

Comment

Originally Posted by dolsie
                i have gothic 3 with xprotect problem is that xprotect seems to switch off the rmps function of dt4 and ask for dvd :/
                even with secure mode on?, and its most probably illegal it doing that... i remember some other game which deleted daemon.dll ..

edit -> found the program
                "Due to a "bug" in KoH's copy protection daemon.dll in Windows folder is renamed to daemon.bak - check if that happend, and if so rename it back to .dll." - think koh was sunflowers.. friends of jowood

is xprot up to its old tricks again then?
                Last edited by evlncrn8; 18.10.2006, 23:16.
                my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

I can't recall the name of the game, but it was also protected by Xprot. They claimed it was a "bug". Funny how their bugs keep going after Daemon Tools.

Comment

Has anyone tried playing the german version of the game with the english DVD in your drive, or vice-versa?

I am asking cause I used to play Gothic 1 and 2 in German as well as English (language practice ), and I have the german speech-files here, I am just wondering if it is possible for me to play with the help of my original english DVD which should be arriving within the next 48h
                    If the minimum wasn't acceptable it wouldn't be called the minimum.

Comment

Originally Posted by Alex86D
                      Has anyone tried playing the german version of the game with the english DVD in your drive, or vice-versa?

I am asking cause I used to play Gothic 1 and 2 in German as well as English (language practice ), and I have the german speech-files here, I am just wondering if it is possible for me to play with the help of my original english DVD which should be arriving within the next 48h
                      My friend speaks German and has been able to able to play Gothic 3 with either the English or German DVD. The game runs in english if installed from the english disk, and german if installed from the german disk. The autorun remains in the same language as whatever disc you have inserted. Works well for me cuz i can borrow the english version as my language skills in german are restricted to counting to 10.

Also, i have heard that the English US version will be released with Securom 7 on 20th November.

Comment

i play gothic 3 and it is possible to turn it to english. subtitles at least:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\gothic3\UserOptions.ini

open the file and change:
                        VoiceLanguage=German
                        SubtitleLanguage=German
                        Subtitle=false

Comment

Working...
                        X