Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption SECUROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a point to argue about...
    I also heard that for CD's the best is a slow read speed and for dvd's the maximum speed. But there are also some people having problems to read a good DPM with the maximum speed, they only were successful by reading it with a slow speed...
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

With my NEC 3250, I always got best results at 8X. For some strange reason it also is faster than max speed.

Comment

I have a short Question.
        I want to make a Image from the EAW Addon DVD with Alcohol 120%, but my DVD drives donґt support DPM.
        Need I only a correct mdf file an can use my mds file or need I both files created with a DPM support DVD Drive?
        atm I get the Message "Unable to authenticate original disc"
        Sry 4 my bad english

Comment

The DPM data is stored in the mds file.
          So you only need a mds with a good DPM to get a working image.
          WHich drive do you have? Which read speeds did you try? Did you have a look at the compatibility list:
          Alcohol is CD / DVD burning copying backup recording duplication emulation and creation software.

Which version of Alcohol are you using? Get the latest version.
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

shees, when i read all this hassle here.........it's disgusting.

I own both EaW and FoC add-on, and Sword Of The Stars (an Indie Sci-Fi RTS title) and a bunch of others. Got them working on one machine. But not on another of my computers (something like "cannot start security module")

i stumbled over a solution myself back then w. the original EaW v1.4 that SecuROM v7 got "booted-out" after microsoft patched their kernel.dll against exploits w. Update KB917422 i had it posted back then here

whats worse, SONY DOAC/Securom gives a flying frack about your problems, all they do is/was shoving one modified executable after the next onto me via email (all didnt helped then) after i sent back to sONY/securom one after the next of analysis-files (whats in those log-files anyway? has anyone looked into them?)

anyone else have/had those problems ?

is there btw a way to get rid/bypass the securom-crap ? i dont mind buying the games, i further dont mind if it wears my drive a bit faster out - but i'm at the point to use patched versions and have my org discs collect dust in their cases for the sake of staying legal and NOT having these system-"infections".

*goes now to punch out somebody on my Nintendo WII*

cheers
            @

Comment

Did anyone solve the problem yet? If you have, can you please post a short tutorial on how to get it to work? Thanks.

Comment

ok 3ed time trying to post this message..breath....no fix yet I heve 5 games bought that will not run I should not have to look for so called illegal crach,patch for a leagle game to run WTF secure-crap is killing the games I do not want to BUY games anymore because of secure-crap.Tired of waisting my money on a game that won't run and spending 100hrs trying to get it to run.tech support hahahah now thair is a joke.BOYCOT SECURECRAP...anyway i cannot get it to run with alcohol 120,damtools4.06 nothing.

Comment

Originally Posted by simking View Post
                  ok 3ed time trying to post this message..breath....no fix yet I heve 5 games bought that will not run I should not have to look for so called illegal crach,patch for a leagle game to run WTF secure-crap is killing the games I do not want to BUY games anymore because of secure-crap.Tired of waisting my money on a game that won't run and spending 100hrs trying to get it to run.tech support hahahah now thair is a joke.BOYCOT SECURECRAP...anyway i cannot get it to run with alcohol 120,damtools4.06 nothing.
                  Wouldn't inserting the original cd/dvd into ur cd/dvd drive work?
                  lol!!!

Comment

Well, if it is not working with Alc and D-Tools then I suggest you look for a Securom hider first, like YASU for example.

Second I would then try to remove all those programs bound to cause trouble with SR, like EZPlay or CloneCD. I would also look into my services to make sure that the securom service is running (some random software I used once disabled that module and I was going mad trying to figure out what the hell happened).

Third I would then redo the image, especially with Star Wars EAW and its addon.

Lastly I would use the original disc if all should fail, after all, that is what they are for - for playing your game you just paid money for.....oh, provided you HAVE the original

The only game I could not get to run with an image was Empire at War with the latest patch, so I just left the DVD in the drive and finished the game after all
                    Last edited by Thorandor; 20.12.2006, 13:14.
                    If the minimum wasn't acceptable it wouldn't be called the minimum.

Comment

A rather strange problem

I made images using Blindwritem mounted with daemon and when i started to install everything was fine until about in the middle of the installation an error occured saying something about a file transfer error, has anybody had a problem like this?
                      Later i tryed to burn using blindwrite, then it wouldn't even let me start the setup, dind'nt give any reason to just an a error box with a red X in it. Whats the problem?

Comment

I have one question:

Is procyon a rls-group Oo?

I thought it was someone that improved ASR.
                        Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
                        Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
                        Schreibt mir eine PN!
                        If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

They're both.

Comment

I thought it was someone that improved ASR.
                            True that they may have "improved it", but they actually stole sum1 elses program and modified it, with out any permission.
                            Mail:
                            curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Proycon are *** thieves who stole code and changed slightly
                              some bytes, I would not even consider that as "improvement".
                              Seems that they are nothing more than bunch of 10years old
                              wannabes - everyone know that it is only some hex.changed
                              ASR 1,2

If thats what "scene" means then guys like deviance and
                              reloaded must be ashamed called "scene"

they showed not even little respect to admit that it was not
                              their work / they can not break protection and MUST use ASR
                              to run it lol what a poor "rls"grp that is, haaahahaaha

I hope that noone delete this here so that all can see synonyms
                              for lamers and losers: proycon

Comment

@*blub*: apart from your language it would be nice to use OWN
                                account and not this damn bugmenot.accounts!

And procyon is what is known as releasegroup. And therefore
                                discussion about them is not allowed here!

We will kick out everyone who mentions this procyon-crap now,
                                same is valid also for their loader (which is just modded ASR
                                as I heared from people).

Comment

Working...
                                X