Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a list of games with "degenerative" copy protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a list of games with "degenerative" copy protection?

I'm relatively new to running games off of images. I was wondering if someone keeps a "master" list somewhere of games that employ degenerating gameplay when they detect an image or copy. The only one I've heard people discussing is XIII which uses Tages. Do all Tages games have that? What about the other protections?

I am working on backing up all my disks to a hard drive and then would like to pack the games away. But I'd rather not have to play through them all for an hour each or something just to find out if something like that would be a problem.

I'll had one to the rather small) list of game using degenerative protection : TOCA race driver.

This type of protection is usually not used alone. You'll find it in combination with Tagès, for example, but not only (don't remember what protection is used by TRD)
    Carpe diem

Comment

moto racer 3 too - again tages

some codemasters game use 'fade' too, though the ones i saw were all based on serial checks, like op. flashpoint etc.. where when u install the serial is checked, but not all portions, then online etc it checks the missing portions, so it can tell if the serial is indeed genuine, and it then started doing strange things..

securom is also a candidate, especially securom 5 with the triggers and stuff

basically i think it relies on how 'crafty' the developers are with the checks, the protection used is really only secondary

oddly enough i cant think of any starforce games that do it though..
      my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Thanks for the info. It's really too bad if there isn't a site out there that compiles this type of info. If you come across any more confirmed titles, please post them here.

Comment

We setup such additional info-page should that be necessary.
          Atm, it is not, as only few (mostly older) games use it

Comment

darkstar one is a game that uses it and its not that old of a game......

Comment

Working...
            X