Using sd4hide as a non-admin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using sd4hide as a non-admin?

I have previously used DT + sd4hide to play copy protected games using an XP admin account with no problems.

I don't use the admin account unless installing and would rather put the CD in than log out/in etc.

Is there a way to of getting this to work with a non-admin account (can't 'run as')? Or is there any other setup which will allow me to run SD discs as non-admin?

DT is not the issue but sd4hide.

Thanks

sd4hide is a bit old, try using yasu
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

I guess that was why searching for sd4hide didn't bring much up.

Now using YASA, I have read that other people were also having non-admin issues with build 7035. Although for me, using p7050 it is still not being allowed to disable the drives as a non-admin.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

It is simply not possible to hide drives without admin rights.
        Maybe sYk0 can create a YASU version that runs as a system service, making it user independent. Or you could use a tool like Service-O-Matic to run YASU as a service.

Comment

or right click yasu, and under properties, select to run it as admin maybe...
          my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

tried 'runas' - already, with no joy.

I have found a short term solution; stupidly, it had completely slipped my mind that the dell notebook I'm using has a removable USB drive (internal). I 'safely removed' that and now have no need for anything bar DT.

Thanks for the link Reef, I will look into running as a service, and post an update if successful.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X