This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warcraft 3 Problem

After reading several of these threads I used alcohol 120 to make image of it using securom and I still cant play it using DT. When its creating it does say unable to read DPM even though I set it at 1x speed. Just says insert disc. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Without DPM this game will not start. You need DPM or you can't get arround SecuROM.

Comment

What is DPM? And how woudl you use it?
      I have bought Warcraft 3 but lost the CD's, so is it at this point possible to play the game?

WC3 and TFT are both installed but they will not launch using the backup ISO image i have, any ideas?

Comment

This is bad. Then buy it again.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

ISO image? Not a chance.

The game itself is a little dated now, so you might be able to get a bundle for cheap.

Next time, use alcohol 52% (free) to make the images in mds/mdf format, under securom profile, with high dpm.

Comment

Without DPM this game will not start. You need DPM or you can't get arround SecuROM.
            This is wrong! Warcraft 3 is quiet old and there is no need for a DPM. The used version of SecuRom only needs the subchannel data, so a normal ISO won't work. Recreate your image with the SecuRom or SecuRom *NEW profile (not SecuRom *NEW 4/5/7).

Comment

Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
              This is wrong! Warcraft 3 is quiet old and there is no need for a DPM. The used version of SecuRom only needs the subchannel data, so a normal ISO won't work. Recreate your image with the SecuRom or SecuRom *NEW profile (not SecuRom *NEW 4/5/7).
              I had same problem but i've found the way !
              Ok first i tried a trick method
              1) Read the Original Disc with CloneCD, use CD Games profil by default without to modify it.
              2) Build the BWA using Blindwrite, and the BWA Builder which is included. If its not you need to register Blindwrite to success.
              3) Use Twinpeaks.
              4) Burn using CloneCD.

If you do this method it will run without Emulation however it can take such times before to launch the game, but at the end it runs !

The other method is more easy and fast, however it will require Emulation.

Method 2:

1) Use Deamon Tools Pro with full features(install Adaware version or buy it)
              2) Create Image with Deamon Tools Pro
              3) If your drive doesn't suck, you can test your image by mounting it into Deamon Tools Pro without to run any Emulation, yes it works and it run very fast (less than One sec good job DT Pro)
              4) In case your image Run well, we can continue : Use Alcohol to burn this images, indeed only Alcohol can read it.
              Use the "Securom New 4/5/7" Profil by default from Alcohol
              5) Now Burn
              6) Activate RMPS Emulation from DT
              7) Run your copy CD. And if you did it as i said it will run because on my PC it works very well.
              You will see that this method require RMPS Emulation, however when you activate it, it takes only 2 3 sec to run the copied CD.

Indeed, the old profil Securom New did not works correctly on my PC.

Now have fun and happy games with Warcraft 3

Comment

thread closed

Thread closed because the original poster has not returned to the forums. Thanks everyone for your tips.
                Last edited by Underheaven; 06.07.2007, 19:32.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                X